Black People : Fam, A Request?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, May 30, 2005.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    why bother

if/when i get myself into an environment of Africans, i might decide that life is worth prolonging enough to quit. as long as i'm stuck in this "black/african american" wasteland

fuhgeddaboudit!

2. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Father God it is again we come before you saying thank you.

Thank you for allowing us to see yet another day. We ask you to strengthen this brother as he purifies his body from the addiction of tobacco.

We claim his healing right now in your name God. We bind any evil spirts that maybe trying to attack this brother right now in your name God.

It is written in your word that what-so-ever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven for the casting out of strong holds. We know that before you plunder the strongmans goods you must first bind the strongman. The word says if you say to that mountain be it cast into the sea believing it shall be done. This brother right now has cast tobacco out of his life.

He stands before us a new man with a new dedication that tobacco is not a part of his life. In your name we pray God.

Amen and Ase'

"Believe it and Recieve it."

:spinstar: Soulja :spinstar:

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

In the words of that Johnny Bristol song, Hang On in There, Baby!(smile!) Quitting the nicotine habit is rough, but you'll be the healthier for it... I hope your will power is increased 7-fold from all our encouragement, good brother!

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Congradulation brotha. I'm happy for you. I'm trying to get my cousin to stop smoking also. You'll make it, just take it one day at a time and you'll be fine. It will definately benefit you in the near future. :cardio:

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    I have been where you are. I smoked for 14years and stopped cold turkey. You can stop. Alway prayer is helpful. In the meantime here are things you can do that will help you.

1. Remove all ashtrays from your house....

2. Ask your friends and family that smoke not to smoking around you.

3. Befriend people that don't smoke.

4. Don't drink alcohol.

5. Do not replace one tobacco product for another one....

6. Avoid places where smoking occurs.

7. Ask your co workers not to smoke around you.

8. Take advice from people who have stopped smoking.

9. Don't put yourself in the way of temptation.

10. Most importantly occupy yourself with other activities during your smoking times.

The biggest problem you will face is what to do with your time. Count the days without smoking. Don't surcome to stress or put yourself in stressfull situations. For a smoker usually the job is the hardest place to conquer. Jobs can be stressfull, there are other smokers and smoking privides a temporary escape from the troubles of the day or so it may seem. No matter how stressed out you get at work always remember it won't last forever. Eventually you must leave work and go home. Eliminate stress from your life. If given the chance to think about it in the beginning your mind will convince your body that it needs to smoke. This is why you must strategically place things in places where you smoke that will occupy your time. What I did is placed word crossword puzzles and word searches in the bathroom and read books or browsed the web for things of interest during my slack time at work or I played gamesboys and other handhold video games. My point is you must do something that requires your total concentration and can not be do while smoking. Also notice how different you body feels. Your head will clear up, the veins in your neck will dialate, you will be able to weather the effects of colds and flus and a host of other things. You should look forward to this. The only drawback is that food will taste better therefore you may eat more. I gained nearly a 100lbs over time when I stopped smoking. This is why I recently stopped eating meat and animal products. Thus far I have lost about 12 pounds in three weeks. I don't starve myself I just don't eat meat. My point here is for you to plan on some sort of diet as well when you commit to stopping. I'm not going lie, some days are tougher than others. You may consider other option or a different way to stop either way stop without picking up another bad habit. Sincerely ask God to help you and show you the way.

God bless brother......

6. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Don't do that they're to expensive. Just buy a pack of cigars (tampa nuggets, al cappones, swisher sweets, etc) not the titans but the blunts. Smoke one a day. Cigars are a lot stronger that cigarettes therefore you will lose your taste for them quicker. When the pack runs out thats it no more. Theses cigars and cigarellos are what is considers spicy so you will tire of them fast but two or three puffs and you nicotine fix will be met. This is way cheaper then the patch or the gum or the pill and it's an effective deterent. Pschologically start thinking about how they stink and make you stink. Think about how they make you feel sick and give you migraines. Start to convince yourself not to smoke. Smoking is a mental thing you'll see.

Peace....

7. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Yes Bro....The same people that get you hooked on smoking are charging you an arm and a leg to stop. Now ain't that trip. A word of encouragement; if you make it past 5 days without smoking you'll make it. Statistically 30 day after you quit smoking you increase your current life span by 50%. Just a little something to think about....

Peace...

8. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +604
    Freedom from all things which alter our minds.

WELL DONE!

9. ontheway

ontheway Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    as one who used to smoke, as say well done too!
    it saves the health and qiute a bit of money.

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    AFRICAN, how's the smoke-free lifestyle a comin'??? Hope all is well, brother!(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah