Black People : False Rape Charges

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Sep 19, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090917/ap_on_re_us/us_hofstra_rape

Hofstra University student recants rape story

By FRANK ELTMAN, Associated Press Writer – Thu Sep 17, 2:19 am ET
    EAST MEADOW, N.Y. – Four New York men were released from jail Wednesday and authorities dismissed charges that they gang-raped a Hofstra University student after the 18-year-old woman recanted her story.

"I'm so happy the truth finally came out," said Stalin Felipe, 1
    9, outside the Nassau County Jail in East Meadow where he and the other three had just been released Wednesday night.

Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said in a statement late Wednesday that the woman told law enforcement officials that the sex encounter in a dormitory men's room was consensual.

Rice said a county judge then dismissed the charges against the four men and ordered their release. She said her office has launched a criminal investigation into the woman's statements.

The woman had accused five men, including a Hofstra student, of taking her cell phone at an on-campus nightclub and luring her into a dormitory men's room and sexually assaulting her early Sunday.

Four men were arrested within hours and arraigned on rape and other charges. Felipe, Rondell Bedward, 21, Jesus Ortiz, 19, all of the Bronx, and Kevin Taveras, 20, of Brentwood, faced 25 years in prison if convicted.

"I'm so happy everything worked out in our favor," said Romilo Taveras, who picked up his son outside the jail. "That's no way to treat people."
    Kevin Taveras said he was looking forward to a hot shower.

Felipe, who heard the news while half asleep in his jail cell, said he didn't have any hard feelings toward his accuser. "I'm just happy to be free."

He declined to discuss what occurred Sunday morning.

Bedward, who had been suspended by the university after his arrest, declined to speak with reporters outside jail.

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    This girl needs her butt whooped for this and then she needs some serious counseling.

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    [​IMG]

Jesus Ortiz, Kevin Taveras, Stalin Felipe and Rondell Bedward, were freed late last night.

[​IMG]

Danmell Ndonye faces suspension from Hofstra University and criminal charges.

4. Rahim

Rahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    i got to cosign...this sista needs some help....

the college needs to be sued and the nassau county police dept needs to be sued for this....these young mens lives are going to be ruined for these false charges, because of the society that we live in where its guilty til proven innocent...these men will forever be labeled sexual offenders...

and Hofstra needs to also do the right thing and let Rondell Bedward back into school..

however we cant expect them to do the right thing..after all it is them folk..

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

And when women cry false rape like this, it makes it that much harder for the REAL victims of sexual assaults.

If it hadn't been for a cellphone video that showed her having consensual sex with them in a bathroom, these young men's lives would have been ruined forever. And now, they gotta do "damage control" and repair their reputations all because of her lies.

Supposedly, when her boyfriend asked her where she'd been after the party, she came up with the rape story.
    :whip:

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

:fyi:

There are all kinds of brothers that are doing time and have done time over false charges like this. She decided to spead her pain and skankism around. Yes, she deserves to be severely punished.

:whip::court:

I doubt in a PC world if she will

:em0200:

7. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    If she did not get caught in her lie with the video she could have sent them to jail for 25 years.
    Why should she not get 25 years

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Wow.

You don't say.

Who'da thunk.

Well, thankyouverymuch for that NEWS FLASH.

I would have never known nor thought that there are innocent Black men and others who have served time and who are in jail today on false rape charges if you had not shared that with me!

THANK YOU!

Why, who knows, I might have never guessed that the same sick mindset of racists, protecting the so-called purity of White women that got Emmett Till tortured and murdered and ruined the lives of the "Scottsboro Boys" and countless Black men before them and since, without your pithy editorial.

Without your help, perhaps I would have never made the connection even with the many news stories about men released from jail on rape charges after DNA clears them of false imprisonment.

And maybe, without your help, I just couldn't have made the mental LEAP that says for every woman like this one who is exposed, there are countless others who have, sadly, succeeded in their LIES.

Yes, THANK YOU!

9. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

Co-sign, and she needs to get the exact amount of years that they would have gotten if they were convicted. She would not have recanted if she did not know she was taped.

10. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

These days it's not just the white women who falsify rape chages against brothas.