Black People : False Idols

phynxofkemet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
I believe it was the honorable Dr. Ben who mentioned that every nation makes a God in their own image. Of course that's a paraphrase and if anyone cares to submit the exact quote, I welcome it.... But the point I'd like to make, is why would any human being worship an image that isn't a resemblence of themselves in some way?

Are we afraid of the individual empowerment of seeing Divinity within our unique images? As a Black womban I choose to see the Gift of Divinity within Black Female images, and I have kept to honoring the male principle, although I do so exclusively though an African visualization.
I do that because I find that other images already have enough Belief power, and I wish to resurrect the Power within the African mind, the African nation, and my African family.
However, I am not offended to allow other cultures to see God in their image. The Indians have Ganesh, Vishnu, Shakti, White or Green Tara, etc...
While I could at one time resonate with these deities, I simply do not see myself reflected here so I have to let them be.

The only image I have a serious problem with is the Holy Trinity as a Caucasian family: The Mother Mary (Auset), Jesus (Heru), and The Father (Osirus). This I cannot honor because it's blatant plagerism and distortion.

I cannot figure out why anyone would want to impose a foreign image onto another hueman being. A White Male God for example doesn't represent the majority of the populace and is yet one of the most predominately recognized Divine forms of life. Head shake.....

I am not going to dispute the Divinity of the Caucasian race, that's not the point here. What I am trying to say is that Womben who feel the need to support Men, through a Male God figure may often find themselves feeling powerless and disconnected because they haven't seen that divinity within themselves. And culturally, anyone who does not see the divine power within their own group of people can become enslaved to those they worship.

Anything that exists outside of the self may be a false idol, because it means that the individual is in a state of Lack, or a Consciousness of Poverty, and this is not how we were meant to exist.

I hope that my children see the Divinity of Life flowing through themselves, and as they grow and understand that All in One, are able to incorporate more symbols of Self into that Divine Imagery.

Personally, I have to recognize the Mother/Father Creator and Creation aspect because that's how I see myself. When I saw God as a male only principle I subconsciously felt inferior as a womban, somehow flawed and I transfered a great deal of my wants and desires onto men that to my psyche represented that power.

For that reason, I remain aloof from Patriarchal philosophies, even if they are wrapped up in an Afro-centric package. I simply do not exist in the shadows of another being. My heart won't weigh that as truth.

As I opened my mind to allow the Goddess aspect of Life into my reality, my own power awakened and I realized that I was a part of the whole, sharing the power as it flows through me.

Is this the reason why White womben fight for power through feminism?

Is this the reason why missionaries pose a threat to the stability of the countries they invade?

Are false idols more than abstract concepts, have we imagined them into relative beings of perfection beyond our reach? Maybe it's time to unite ourselves with the power(s) we so often reach out for, the powers we so often seek for salvation.

Abstract thoughts from an abstract womban on a cloudy day....

Hotep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back