Falling in Love - Growing in Love

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by Lil_Mama, May 1, 2005.

1. Lil_Mama

Lil_Mama Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    What's really the difference?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Lil Mama ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

I think falling implies that it happens in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months.

Whereas, growing implies months and years, manifesting a tried and true test of time.

Please make yourself at home, because you are!

:heart:

Destee

3. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Sister Lil Mama, I hope this post helps a little...

Sister Lil Mama, If you can fall into love, you can fall out of love…love doesn’t fall or necessarily grow. It is a natural power in the universe that exists if we recognize it or not. In terms of definition, it should be exemplified more as a verb not a noun. It’s about actions, deeds and those in return…selfless, yet harmless sacrifice.

Emotional, physical and sexual intimacy or trying to live together is not the proof of love. Because you can love somebody, doesn’t mean you can functionally and happily be with him or her or live with him or her. After you can love yourself and life, and find someone else who can do the same, now you need to know what is workable and beneficial to each other, and why is it practical, wise and rewarding for the two of you to be together.

Love is not needy...

I’m not going to say a mature and experienced person can’t feel the power of a person’s spirit, or that love and mental/sexual attraction are foreign to one another. But this is not a well-balanced utopia we’re living in and there are no givens. So, you can love a person without falling off a cliff, but anything more than just platonic (non-sexual) love, will be further discussed and dealt with realistically, when two people really love each other. Love should make some type of sense at the end of the day, and if things don't fit or add up right...somethings wrong.

But, I would be lying if I didn’t recognize the fact that, what one feel sometimes can be overwhelming, and skew the most mature and experienced persons judgment. But that’s life…we’re all just wired that way.

Peace

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Welcome

Lil Ma!I'm sure you will have fun here