Black People : Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Jun 28, 2004.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mi...28&i=0&spl=0&nn=1&ys=e_4acFmE72AOn6as9E5M4w--

Moore also showcases with startling precision the plight of the African-American community. Oftentimes, America looks at this race of peoples with disdain or insidious contempt. He shows that its not only the blacks that out in the trenches fighting for a country that thinks ill of them, but poor whites are out there as well.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mi...77&i=0&spl=0&nn=1&ys=7VKVpHoqfKWippRgnD7ZsA--

What of the Marine recruitors who literally targeted potential recruits as "fresh meat?" I don't have a clue what those recruitors were thinking. Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, whoever was behind the camera filming, you just don't say the type of things they were saying. Exploited indeed- praying off of the ignorance (and innocence) of uneducated, predominantly BLACK men in an attempt to nab enlistment for a cause losing support hardly embodies noble intentions or methods.

I'm going to see this movie. :flamet: I suggest many of you do the same.
    Critics say Moore used and exploited victims of this war, and the tragedy. But the argument is critics missed this fact. Moore gave them a voice, and an outlet. The news media and critics never provided. After 9/11 I felt America would never right it's self before the world especially the African and Arab nations until they came clean and treated blacks in America right. I mean reparations. Respect, justice and equality in all matters. Pouring funds into inner citys and rebuilding homes, familys and communities they destroyed over the decades. We know we have been exploited, and it continues. The collapse of the economy was intentional to draw what is termed " fresh meat " , for the :fight: war effort.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I plan to see the movie for the same reasons you pointed out Brother HODEE--exploitation of Blacks caught on film. My $7 for a ticket might help make M. Moore a richer man but I think it's important for us to see with our own eyes how white privilege and greed and power impacts us every day, but through the eyes of a white man.

I look at this situation the same as I did the 2000 election when all heck broke loose over the presidential elections. We weren't supposed to find that out. But even though we did, they manage to keep us under their control with propaganda and more lies. These acts of exploitation and manipulation and big pimping of African Americans by the government and big businesses are not new and we know it. In fact, it's very old school. I wonder if poor whites knew they were being pimped too or is this a wake up call for them.

But although we know these things happen, we were seldome able until recently to put our fingers on the cold hard facts because the perpetrators were so crafty at hiding behind their lies and deceit. So much history there for us to learn from but yet we continue to walk in the same line, seldom risking stepping out of line and out of the line of fire.

Are we patriots or are we freedom fighters. As AA's, who are the real enemies of each? Are they different or are they the same? Until we learn the difference, we need to stay away from the US military.

At least that's my opinion.

Queenie :spinstar:

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I saw this movie in N.O. over the weekend and it was great.

I think that everyone should see it. It is really nothing that We didn't already know, or at least suspected. I wish for once, We look at the picture, get angry, and react positively for Our Community. For Once.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    HAPPY69, yo this movie is bound to get Michael Moore Killed by some right wing type fanatics!!! It is just off the chain!!! I heard where it grossed 21-million dollars on its first weekend, so you know that folks are aware of its presence... Don't worry, I predict most folks at this board will be seeing this piece - trust...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't think that he will get killed... they like to pretend that they are more civilized than that.
    If he did. Then maybe the country would right itself (well be better than it is)... MM doesn't need to be a martyr. He tells it as it is... of course they want him silenced!

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Hopefully this movie will get Bush voted out of office......in which case we all owe a debt to Michael Moore.

7. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    MM has been doin stuff like this for a min. had any of yall read "Kill Whitey" his book? my english teacher but me on to him- she made us read this chapter out of there that was about being black - he was sayin how he dont ever hear a person say hear come dat white boy- time to go- im scarred he gonna steal my purse- it was str8 truth but in a humorous important way- ima see if i can find it.....

8. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Bush voted out of office would be great. Kerry voted in wouldn't be great.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Unfortunately you might be right Chucky. As much as I want Bush out of office....Kerry doesn't seem to stand for anything. Anyone who can be silent in these times is disturbing.

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    What is the BIGGEST issue that some Blacks have with Bush? Can you list them specifically?

Now, as we develop our lists and take a serious look at it, we MUST ask ourselves whether Kerry is the answer to our problems? Does Kerry have what it takes in his political arsenal to defeat Bush on the list of issues that we have?

Does anyone that we KNOW have what it takes to beat Bush's politricks?

By the way, if you haven't seen Fahrenheit 9/11 yet, you might wanna rush to the theatres because a group called Citizens United has accused Moore of "electioneering" and that television ads promoting the film violate the new McCain-Feingold campaign-finance law which prohibits corporate-supported ads from identifying a presidential candidate in the 30 days prior to a party's nominating convention and the 60 days before the general election. They're trying to pull the movie out of the theatres.

Oh, and let me add for you Disney fans, if they had their way, Disney Co., Moore's initial distributor, balked at distributing the movie because of its highly charged political content. The movie was eventually sold to the executives of Disney's subsidiary, Miramax, and was distributed through Lion Gate Films.
    Queenie :spinstar: