Black People : Factions in the world's military.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Jun 8, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    I barely found any data on any other countries but I guess this will be enough.

This is nothin new and is widespread in various countries but only to a few it will be knew,for those who do not know the military's of the world (the U.S.A. in particular) are full of gangs and bigoted nations (ie the "Aryan brotherhood") and from what I know these peoples function on bases no different than they do in the prisons,with various areas taken by various groups.I have heard that the Peoples Nation and the Folks Nation almost had a "mimi-war" over in Iraq. A character I know in the U.S. military once told me that the "Aryan Brotherhood" uses soldiers of color as target practice in the dark if that soldier is alone. I could only find these articles over the net that deal with what I am "talkin" bout even though these articles deal with the U.S.A. only.

This is somethin to read.
    Racism in the ranks
    http://mediafilter.org/caq/CAQ57Racism.html

This article from the Chicago Sun-Times has faults and is suspect for validity like anything else from the media.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-gangs01.html
    for example:
    I am not sure about the Latin Kings, but I personally know quite a few GD's and VL's that tell me originally these "gangs" were community organizations made to help there respective areas(similiar to the Black Panther party's food programs amongst other things) and they became violent when the government got involved.

2. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    I have seen "expressions" like this in person and what bothers me the most is when I try to "enlighten" these brothers I come across as a little ***** to them and run the risk of being killed.Turn your speakers down, lots of "foul" language.These "attitudes" are anything new either.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=716167826

One brutha remarked that "If ya knew betta,ya do betta". To me that means that an unguided warrior is bound for self destruction,everybody needs somebody to show them so they can "know betta" and therefore "do betta"

3. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Now nobody wakes up as a kid and says that they want to kill,sell drugs,etc when they grow up.From what I know these "gangs" are somethin for the youngsters(like myself) to be apart of when they feel they do not belong anywhere else(ie comin from broken homes,etc),no matter if it is positive or negative it is someplace where they feel they belong so therefore "bonds" are formed,and if it is negative more negativitiy follows. None of these actions are new in terms of occurence,they have been around since the "gangs" got violent.

One question remains: How do we change all of this?

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Every organization is a reflection of society.......so it will have different groups within the group know what I mean......as far as old dude from the Moe.....I live in the Yay and know some of them cats I couldn't listen because I'm at work but from knowing some of them boys kind of can figure what he may be saying.......like I said in another thread you can't enlighten anyone that ain't trying to feel what you saying.......either because what you saying don't fit into their lives, or they have a different opinion or they just ain't trying to hear it ........a lot of cats in my past have probably thought they were trying to enlighten me...from dudes in NOI to Numerologists, to cats that are on the "Im' not Black I'm African "deal....and I wasn't and am not trying to hear em.....I appreciate what they're saying but our philosophies don't work together...know what i mean......

when someone is ready to accept what you giving they'll let you know......until then let em go with what they know......then again what the hell do I know....

MississippiRed

aka

Southern Supaman

5. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Mississippi Red,

True,the thing is though is that I do not sit there and preach to them about whatever I want to tell them,I sit there and try to get them to re-examine themselves by asking them "what if..such and such was to happen what would you do" or "when you were this age what did you want to do" or somethin like that.

Yeah,but to many of our own are not ready until someone ends up dead.But as one man mentioned in the video "We just tryin to eat." It all starts with basic necessities and it grows into various acts and/or consequences.