Black People : Facial Features Determines Ones Tribe????

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I hope that I'm not repeating a topic that has already been discussed. I learned something in a African American studies class that left me confused. The professor stated, that he can look at the students features and tell what tribe we came from. Is that even possible since there has been a whole lot of mixing during slavery?

Sangofa,

Based upon the dynamics of genetics, I would say yes, that to a degree one could look upon the face of an individual and determine, so-called tribal assignment. Of course, serious archaeological and anthropological evidences must be taken into consideration.

Moreover, haplotypes, genotypes, and specifically phenotypes all figure in this determination. In biology, the phenotype is the observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment, while haplotypes are unseen make-ups, genetically.

I wonder!!!!!!!

I wonder what tribe I come from...lol? I wish there was a tribe file that we could open up and see!!!!!!!!!!

Peace Great subject....I like!!!:luvv:

I hope that I'm not repeating a topic that has already been discussed. I learned something in a African American studies class that left me confused. The professor stated, that he can look at the students features and tell what tribe we came from. Is that even possible since there has been a whole lot of mixing during slavery?

Yes,

Our facial features do indicate our ancestry. When I am introduced to new people in the city, of African descent I can often tell quickly where they are from just by looking at their face. Ghanians have broad shiny faces, with round features. Very round heads too. They tend to be built thick. Their color is undertones of espresso. My Somali friends look a little like the Ethiopian but darker and redder, with smaller eyes.
Kenyans tend to be taller with sharp features, and the Ethiopian has fine bone structure and tend to appear "mixed" to the untrained eye.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back