Black Short Stories : Fable: The God-fearing Hunter

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
My blessed, beautiful siblings, I want to tell you of “The God-fearing Hunter” I knew, when I was spiritually younger, but physically older.

At this point in human history, there were not many of us, and God, whom we called “Amon,” hunted alongside us, always the most perfect expression of love for our emulation. With God by our side, we hunted whom he informed us we were ready to hunt and we ate plentifully. All of us except Patrama Hudental.

“Amon,” spoke a majestic deer holding her pierced child, “Why is my child shot by an arrow? She was not ready to play ‘hunt’ with men.”

God answered, “My child, Patrama Hudental had shot this deer. He hunts alone. Follow Onitaset Kumat, you shall see why.”

At that this deer left her child with God, and took my side. She told me to lead then spoke the puzzlement I already read on her face: “Why would a man hunt alone?”

“There can be no good reason” I assured.

As we walked farther, we saw Patrama Hudental’s outline. He chanted “Forgive me” with his eyes closed, not seeing or hearing God, myself or my deer companion. We waited for his prayers to finish.

“Why do you pray out here rather than talk with God?” I asked.

Patrama Hudental jumped a-startled, “Is God here?”

I looked over to God and knew to not answer. “I brought the mother of your latest hunt.”

Patrama Hudental told us that he was sorry. He explained how he had not eaten for weeks and his hunt for other larger animals was not successful. I rebutted that we ate plentifully and God told us whom to hunt, attacking, with this deer, his actions against this child. Then he told me the worst thing I ever heard: “I fear God.”

From that I promised to return as the deer and I stepped away. As we walked away in silence, the deer mother spoke up, “God is all-loving, to fear God is to fear love: love should be embraced not feared. Woe to the world of men that one can preach such hatred.”

I responded: “Yes woe. Those who fear God live miserably and bring havoc to others.”

Not yet. But thank you for the approval. I am exploring the idea of writing fables and allegories for my blog.

What's interesting is that I spoke with a woman from Guadeloupe the other day. She never heard of "God-fearing" yet a casual analysis of American Africans shows that we firmly approve of at least the phrase; though a thorough analysis shows that we are distinctly God-loving. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back