Black People : Extremism: How You Know We've Been White-Washed

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    By nature, African people are very moderate and conservative. Why is it then, we take the extremist route of white folks?

Example: Theism vs. Atheism

As we should know by now, there are no absolute truths. So, why do we act like there are?

For the record, my definition of a "religious" person is: A person who holds onto a particular belief or ideology and refuses to see things from another perspective - demanding that their perspective is "right" or "correct".

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    It's called borderline behavior.

Tuhwi

3. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Elaborate on that please.

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    How does the word "refuses" work into this? Is that saying that the only way a person can be religious is to "refuse" to see others view on religion?

5. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    It has nothing to do with a person's "view on religion."

Please, rephrase your question because I don't understand it.

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    cause we have a tough time finding balance.....the more I grow as an individual I'm starting to realize that balance is really the key to life. I'm still trying to work better at being more balanced (and not extreme on certain issues), but I'm a work in progress.........

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    The flip side of what I'm hearing and reading is that most (not all) whites etc. I come into contact with really know nothing or little about who we as a people really are or are about:

So therefore they too are as subjected to media hyped images, i. e., be it the local news and/or shows like COPS, as a few are just easily overly influenced backward and stupid and ignorant people, to whom are child's play to the Rush (to Judgement) loudmouth talk show jocks, all of which blur the distinction between who the gansta rappers and their almost captive audiences would have them to believe, though some of us here know what is true...

It's kinda sorta like not simply the blind leading the blind:

More like cowards need scapegoats...

I. e. easier to berate and chide Obama, at least who is trying to undo the crap, rather than explain why some either sat on their lazy rear ends and/or kept their mouths shut, thru eight years of Bush Junior's self serving b. s.

So in all due candor and honestly as well as mutual respect etc.:

Let's also try to not make some of the folk who are a part of the problem to be more than they are either!

Some are merely sheep:

Let us be always cautious and wary of the wolves in their and our midst too!

FYI...

Later...

CTJ

8. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    I've learned that the practice of the principles of MA'AT provide a nature flow towards living life filled with BALANCE, HARMONY, RECIPROCITY, TRUTH, JUSTICE, ORDER, PROPRIETY

I've found that I've grown enough for my views to have become clearer and my path then runs the risk of appearing "extreme" to those whose path is not as clear for them.

As this relates to white people, I've come to know that my extreme passion for all to practice the principles of MA'AT in all our/their affairs, that is, practice a life where BALANCE vs. hierarchy is KEY to LIFE and the LIVING of it, leaves me open to the accusation of "force feeding" or demanding or aggressive AND Disrespectful even!.....when I share clearly and definitively my CURRENT POSITION on a thing related to my lived experiences and the meaning I make of it based on who I AM....
    Yes I am accused of being a lot of things considered "bad" or "wrong".

OK....that's it for now...

Thanks for Sharing and Listening to me Share

M.E.
    :hearts2:

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    In your original statement, you said:

For the record, my definition of a "religious" person is: A person who holds onto a particular belief or ideology and refuses to see things from another perspective - demanding that their perspective is "right" or "correct".

I am assuming that one of your rules for being a religious person is "refuses to see things from another perspective".

I was wondering why some would have to "refuse" to see the religious views of another, to be religious themselves?

10. Sunnyb

Sunnyb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business owner
    Ratings:
    +1
    My problem with the black race is......why is thinking for oneself, and not "going with the flow" always a problem.
    I am a hard working, independent woman who's always stood for what I believe, however if I don't think the way other black people I talk to think about EVERYTHING, I'm always wrong.

Obama is just another politician, period. He's not looking to do anymore for the black race than anyone else in this country, and we need to recognize that. But why does it seem like the black race is always waiting for somebody to LEAD us out of our mess? People we have to stand on our own feet, instead of waiting for somebody to come pick us up. When MLK died, it seems like there has been a constant search in the black community to find another leader, WE HAVE TO BE THE LEADERS. We have to stop sitting and waiting, and blaming it all on the white man, they don't care, but we should.

I've known so many black people in my lifetime who would rather sit and wait for a check from the government than make an effort to support themselves and their own family. I've seen so many welfare queens, and corner boys who wouldn't take a job at McDonalds because it's not GOOD ENOUGH for them, (yet they've never done anything else) i've seen so many people constantly game the system instead of taking all of that energy and TRYING to use it to make something of themselves.

In many ways I get angry when I see these people cause my condition was bad or worse than many of them and I've never received a dime from the government and I've struggled and pushed against all obstacles to make something of myself. Now that I've gotten to where I feel I can finally relax a little and stop struggling (so hard) that I get a President (a black man) who wants to penalize me and those like me for working so hard all my life. Hell why didn't I just sit at home, get welfare, SSI, disability, section 8, and whatever other thing I could get for free, cause with all of the new taxes coming down the pike (fed, local, state) I'll be back struggling to make it, oh and so will all of those who think they're getting something free. But amongst so many blacks, I'm the bad guy.

Peace

Users found this page by searching for:

1. as a black person how to know if you are white washed