Black Picture Image Gallery : Extra Man?

Discussion in 'Black Picture Image Gallery' started by Zulile, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    [​IMG]

Count them and wait!

Count them again after the picture has changed . . .

WHERE DOES THE EXTRA MAN COME FROM?

2. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

I knew I should not have smoked that bone last night!:SuN018:

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Okay, I think I got it. When the top leftside moves to the right, three heads move and only the very brim of the fourth head. once on the rightside, it only attaches to three bodies instead of four. Perhaps the top brim is part of one of the three bodies...most likely the shoes.

When the rightside moves to the left a whole other body moves with it. adding another person to the second roll...making it three bodies.:SuN018:

Well anyway, I now three heads move to the right and five heads with one whole body moves to the left.:shutup:

:heart:

4. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Could you repeat that?:10300: What?????:help:

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :lol:

Okay, Let me try it this way. When the rightside of the picture moves, it moves five head features to the left, with one whole body feature. When the leftside moves, it only moves 3 head features to the right. In this process of half body features being moved around, it creates another body by mix and matching creating the illusion that an extra person has been added. When the five heads move to the right, watch and see what they attach to. If only three head features moved from the leftside, what did the other five features attach to.

I'm having difficulties explaining what I saw, but I hope this time it's helpful.:SuN028:

6. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

uhhhhhhh..... uhhhhhhhhhh....:qqb019: Why do i feel an urge to puch Zulile? Purple my love..........And you did not save me any!!:em3600: You coulda been talkin about my Mama for all I can tell! LMBAO!:qqb024: :em2300: :insane:

7. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Ionlyspeaktruth.. do you have a "less extreme" button? :lol:

PurpleMoons :bullseye:

Basically, the puzzle works by cutting each person in two, taking a small slice of them (1/12 of their height) and passes it over to the right until after 12 people you end up with a whole extra person.

[​IMG]

Then the creator mixed up the order of the people so that you couldn't see what he did.

[​IMG]

Take a look at this simplified version of the illusion, where five lines turn into six:

[​IMG]

8. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Yes I do>>>>>>:pie: As for whatever elase that is you are trying to explain. I need a:toast: :10500: :qqb009:

9. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Looking looking an looking

Sister Zulile

After looking at this all day ......it's really cool....but the illusion is not really complete.....in order for the illustrator to do this he had to leave part of the head off of the #1 person....thus the illusion it is not complete.....but it did make me think...

thanks

10. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Correct lilpea :) not only is #1 missing part of his head, #2 - #12 are all 8% shorter - that is, they are all missing a slice of their bodies... you'll see the bodies don't line up quite as well at the end.. you can really see this in the legs (example, the black figure) This is also why that illustrator put the arms behind the back, as one of the first things you would notice is hands/fingers not lining up.. so yeah - it's a trick of the eye.. an illusion.

It had me busy for awhile too!