Black People : Exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights?

I was told by someone very much in the know that African Americans make up a very small percentage of people who "legally" own a firearm(s). White people make up the overwhelming majority with Asian citizens and citizens from the Middle East gaining ground every year since 2008. This troubles me. Anyone else?

Why would it trouble you?

I was told by someone very much in the know that African Americans make up a very small percentage of people who "legally" own a firearm(s). White people make up the overwhelming majority with Asian citizens and citizens from the Middle East gaining ground every year since 2008. This troubles me. Anyone else?

Couple of points:

Within a legal context, legal is that which is in accordance with law. Lawful is that which is not forbidden by law.

If a person is asking for permission in the form of a license or tax stamp to possess a firearm, this is not freedom nor is this a right.
It is servitude and privileges.

Regulation of who could and could not possess firearms has their roots in slavery. If you were "free, white, and 21", you would carry whatever you wanted. If you were Nubian and armed however, you had better have some paper to account for you posessing a firearm.

If anyone is interested, I can go into the definition and nature of a license.

There is cause to be concerned. Weapons equal power as well as protection and self preservation.
It is all about who has the weapons and who does not. History is always ever ready to provide a multitude of examples to support all that I have stated.

In past European societies, it was a mark of status and/or nobility to openly carry weapons on your person.

Also, a firearm is not what you think it is. The term "firearm" refers to the guy with a lite fuse over the touch hole of a cannon.

What we are actually talking about are pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Not that government would inform you of this, but there are firearms a person can possess without a license. There are several ways of going about that.

Why would it trouble you?
It troubles me because if and when everything breaks down in this country and lawlessness is the order of the day, everybody will have a weapon except us. I'm sure that's not the case in using the term "everyone" but I'd hate to see black people not being able to protect themselves in numbers as large as others.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back