Black Education / Schools : Excellent African Language materials

There was a question asked on another messageboard asking which one afrikan language, afrikan folk should use to communicate with afrikan folks throughout the continent and the diaspora. Someone asked, which of these languages has its own script. I figured that whichever language, it should have its own script.

Increasingly it's English. We in the West often can't understand the fact that Africa seems so "fractured", but it has always been like that. It is not wrong, as the Europeans want us to believe.

That is why the borders imposed on most African countries rarely mean anything in real live for the people. A border isn't going to change who your great great uncle or auntie is :) It is the same among the Arabs as well. Each country is made up of various clans which are largely organized by bloodlines & alliances between different bloodlines!

Increasingly it's English. We in the West often can't understand the fact that Africa seems so "fractured", but it has always been like that. It is not wrong, as the Europeans want us to believe.
Pardon me, but who is 'we'?

The idea of finding a language that afrikans, home or abroad, can agree on and exercise speaks to realization
of how "fractured" afrikans are... all over the world.

That is why the borders imposed on most African countries rarely mean anything in real live for the people. A border isn't going to change who your great great uncle or auntie is :) It is the same among the Arabs as well. Each country is made up of various clans which are largely organized by bloodlines & alliances between different bloodlines!

English language is limited by the conceptions of the English. Their language comes with their mode of being.. And their way of seeing.

Pardon me, but who is 'we'?

The idea of finding a language that afrikans, home or abroad, can agree on and exercise speaks to realization
of how "fractured" afrikans are... all over the world.

I think we would have to create a new language and build the culture we wish to see into the language itself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back