Jury Convicts Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge of Lying About Torture

DEMOCRACY NOW - Decades after torture allegations were first leveled against
former Chicago police commander Jon Burge, a federal jury has found him
guilty of lying about torturing prisoners into making confessions. Burge has
long been accused of overseeing the systematic torture of more than 100
African American men. Two years ago federal prosecutors finally brought
charges against Burge—not for torture, but for lying about it. On Monday
afternoon, after a five-week trial, Jon Burge was found guilty on all counts of
perjury and obstruction of justice for lying about the abuse. He could face up to
forty-five years in prison.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/29/jury_convicts_chicago_police_commander_jon

Last edited:
Jury Convicts Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge of Lying About Torture

DEMOCRACY NOW - Decades after torture allegations were first leveled against
former Chicago police commander Jon Burge, a federal jury has found him
guilty of lying about torturing prisoners into making confessions. Burge has
long been accused of overseeing the systematic torture of more than 100
African American men. Two years ago federal prosecutors finally brought
charges against Burge—not for torture, but for lying about it. On Monday
afternoon, after a five-week trial, Jon Burge was found guilty on all counts of
perjury and obstruction of justice for lying about the abuse. He could face up to
forty-five years in prison.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/29/jury_convicts_chicago_police_commander_jon

I hope they throw him under the jail

:toast:

:em0200:

I feel and think folk who've had to cope and deal with such crap also kinda sorta need and I want them to be completely candid and honest about it all for all of our sakes!

To say the least:

Folks in my beloved adopted city know and understand from personal experiences etc. the grief ad naseum out of control police officers and of whatever skin shade/ethnic/racial background/etc. plague us with...

More to the point:

This inquiring mind needs and wants to know and understand if this crap is abritrary or deliberate...

To some the answer is obvious...

To others it isn't!

Holla holla...

:em0200:

A needed apology:

And a general commentary...

First of all:

Let me again thank all of you, who are exibiting empathy and sympathy, as regards what me and mine etc. are going thru, over in down--but not out-- Detroit...

Also accept my apology, if what was or is being implied is I just forgot all of that, i. e., when I originally posted those comments etc.

Instead, while each poster or posters have their gripes about their neck of the woods, etc., do keep in mind this forum or forums, however much the creators/moderators/etc. need for alternatives from where you and they bailed from, may have to reconsider how it hasn't quite worked (out) that way, via these ones...

Some of us here live far away from there, i. e., other cities reflective of other issues/problems/etc., so one and all have to be patient/forgiving/fair/objective/understanding/etc. others may well be rallied for support etc., though only after they've become better informed over a longer period of time etc.

There are also larger connections of folk from the black disapora in a few cities, i. e., NYC and Chicago--Miami and L. A. in particular, though to some in parts of other states as well...

Sometimes their issues etc. revolve around being advocates for their loved ones etc. back in their homelands on this side of the two oceans...

So we all have a lot of catching up to do--ala 2010!

:fyi:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back