Black People : Evolution, Bill Maher & Christian Right

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 25, 2010.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    EVOLUTION & THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT
    By Andre Austin

I was cruising on the internet last week and looked up Evolution for dummies online. I’ve never really looked in evolution because of the historical racism of whites and Nazi’s calling blacks and Jews half-apes. Sometimes in life you have to deal with whats going on now. Science and Evolution isn’t a conspiracy to undermine the Bible because it doesn’t it by itself with no help or aide.

Evolution for dummies got my interest burning and then by luck and coincidence I found PBS website with a documentary of the life of Charles Darwin in What Charles Darwin didn‘t knew. Darwin is in line with Eisenstein of thinking the impossible that no other man came up with. In 1859 he published The Origin of the Species. Darwin gave a broad outline of the origin of man. Now in 2010 geneticist and DNA mapping of human and animal kingdom has proved that life was birth from a single cell into all life. We have a common ancestor with monkeys from trees and fish that came out of water. In fairness there are some NT quotes that can help out some of the Bible readers: “But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water (2 Peter 3-5-7)

Monkeys and humans have 99% the same DNA genes. At some point in time genetic mutation and switches that turned off and on produced different muscle plates for the jaw giving us humans bigger brains. 50% of the 1% differences between Apes and man have to do with the brain. Whites and Blacks share the same exact same genes with some genes turning off or on to gives orders to paint us yellow, brown, black or red. Our fish ancestors genes told them to makes fins when that was our arms and gills which is our ears. Same genes just different mutations.

Some how the Christian fundamentalist like Christine O’Donnell, who is running for Senator from Delaware, see science as a threat to their Bible. Bill Maher produced an old tape of his former show Politically Incorrect where she said if evolution was true why haven’t any apes turn into a human? Well it already happened we weren’t around to film it. It would do O’Donnell good to read Evolution for Dummies.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    "They" utilize a very subtle but efficient strategy!

While we are luuled by the feint of the right lead,
    "they" wait with the left hook

Social Darwinism
    Social Darwinism
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Social Darwinism is a pejorative term used for various late nineteenth century ideologies which, while often contradictory, exploited ideas of survival of the fittest.
    It commonly refers to notions of struggle for existence being used to justify social policies which show no sympathy for those unable to support themselves.
    While the most prominent form of such views stressed competition between individuals in free market capitalism, it is also associated with ideas of struggle between national or racial groups.
    [1] In sociology it has been defined as a theory of social evolution which asserts that "There are underlying, and largely irresistible, forces acting in societies which are like the natural forces that operate in animal and plant communities. One can therefore formulate social laws similar to natural ones. These social forces are of such a kind as to produce evolutionary progress through the natural conflicts between social groups. The best-adapted and most successful social groups survive these conflicts, raising the evolutionary level of society generally (the 'survival of the fittest'

As history make it plain that "they" have been financing both side off wars for over 100 years

As Dr Francis Cress Welsing stated, "they" use ideology as a weapon of war as well and will portray and espouse two opposing concepts against the middle for their benefit

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    A bit more from the Wikipedia Article:
    This stuff has nothing to do with what the theory of evolution actually describes.This misinformation is easily repeated if people don't examine it. Charles Darwin was far from perfect, but he was quite progressive for his time. He also true massive amounts of criticism and insults for his contributions.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Exactly and that , emphasises the point of the White Supremists use of propagnada.

The Christian rights fasicsm has about as much to do with Jesus as Social Darwinism has to do with Darwin's theory of evolution

However their policies use the illusion of Christianity to hide their Social Darwinistic ideals,

just as presidents wage war in the name of peace,

or capitalists talk about "Free" markets , that actually enSlave milions around the world in sweat shops and work camps

5. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399

Christianity's doctrine is quite fascist in itself, but I agree with the rest of the commentary. Religion was one of the reasons why Darwin sat on his work for ~20 years.

Disturbing ideologies tend to have ideologues who are good at spin.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :10500:you are assuming that she can read?

7. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    " I’ve never really looked in evolution because of the historical racism of whites and Nazi’s calling blacks and Jews half-apes."
    "Whites and Blacks share the same exact same genes with some genes turning off or on to gives orders to paint us yellow, brown, black or red."

Exactly! - people like the Nazis and such might have used the idea to give legitimacy to their own perverted ideas, but the actual science proves without any shadow of doubt that black folk are in no way inferior to any other people on the planet. The more people are made aware of the real theory of evolution the less likely they are to believe the ideas of dangerous crackpots.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    If you know very little about a subject sometimes it is a courtesy to just admit it rather then doing Sean Hannity statements saying "I can out stereortype the stereotypers",
    cause the white supremists liked to call Dr King and Adam Clayton Powell Jr all kinds of stuff,
    and call rev Jeremiah Wright a fascist, and they would have called pastor Nathaniel Turner a Terrorist.

9. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    I don't care about evolution or creation.... and I really don't think I believe in either of them. I don't argue about which one sounds more feasible because I just don't care. It's not my argument.

I like what this hopi elders says about our origins ~
    embedding not working, so just click the link

link

(Part 1) Indigenous Native American Prophecy (Elders Speak part 1)

10. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    White supremacist, by nature, are irrational loons. Why should their commentary have any serious weight outside of people who already subscribe to it.

To explain why I find Christianity quite fascists, it's default position is that you are born into a rulership without consent, owing a continuous debt you can never repay, and vicarious redemption is offered only through saviorship (dear leader loves you).

It's quite similar to plenty of father-knows-best states in human history. And, it's no secret the Christian right in America desire a theocratic state. They've been working on it for centuries, and made real progress -- through reassertion-- during and after the cold war. Do more moderate and liberal Christians support the same thing? Hard to say. It's worth noting that it'd be hard to say for sure until the time comes to choose between the two. It's an easy guess to make which identity might become overriding given recent polls and the political climate, but it'd play out over a few generations.