Black People : Evil & Power

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SophiaG, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SophiaG

SophiaG Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    This article includes the infamous Milgram study and the infamous Standford prison study. It speaks about how environments, rather than internal dispositions, can cause people to do evil things and also, conversely (at the end) suggests how environments can encourage pro-social behaviors.

I was reading this last night for hours and it fascinated me.

http://www.prisonexp.org/pdf/powerevil.pdf

2. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    the link isn't working for me...post an excerpt or something plz

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    ok

Evil is intentionally behaving -- or causing others to act – in ways that demean, dehumanize, harm, destroy, or kill innocent people. This behaviorally-focused definition makes an agent of agency responsible for purposeful, motivated actions that have a range of negative consequences to other people. It excludes accidental or unintended harmful outcomes, as well as the broader, generic forms of institutional evil, such as poverty, prejudice or destruction of the environment by agents of corporate greed. But it does include corporate responsibility for marketing and selling products with known disease-causing, death-dealing properties, such as cigarette manufacturers, or other drug dealers. It also extends beyond the proximal agent of aggression, as studied in research on interpersonal violence, to encompass those in distal positions of authority whose orders or plans are carried out by functionaries. This is true of military commanders and national leaders, such as Hilter, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, and other tyrants for their complicity in creating political systems of destruction in their own nations and in the world.
    The same human mind that creates the most beautiful works of art and extraordinary marvels of technology is equally responsible for the perversion of its own perfection. This most dynamic organ in the universe has been a seemingly endless source for creating ever more vile torture chambers and instruments of horror in earlier centuries, the “bestial machinery” unleashed on Chinese citizens by Japanese soldiers in their rape of Nanking (see Iris Chang, 1997), and the recent demonstration of “creative evil” of the destruction of the World Trade Center by turning commercial airlines into weapons of mass destruction. How can the unimaginable become so readily imagined?
    My concern centers around how good, ordinary people can be recruited, induced, seduced into behaving in ways that could be classified as evil. In contrast to the traditional approach of trying to identify "evil people" to account for the evil in our midst, I will focus on trying to outline some of the central conditions that are involved in the transformation of good, or average, people into perpetrators of evil. In the experimental research to be described, “evil” really amounts to the research participant acting in ways that harm others in that same setting.

http://www.prisonexp.org/pdf/powerevil.pdf

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i been saying that for a minute now

in other words, he is verifying the actions of the global system of white supremacy that i have been referring to.

people can be brainwashed to act against their own self interests.

just look at the tea party. here is a group of low information white folk who have been brainwashed by their right wing media

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Exactly!

The mind has a switch that can be turned on or off

President Obama ,when running for election got the cheers and adulation of tens of thousands of Germans, live and up front and millions more, wathing on television,

while giving a speech and standing in a location in Berlin,
    where any Black person caught on the street there just 65 years ago, would have had he flesh ripped of their bones, by a hate crazed mob.
    While JA Rogers in his pamphlet 100 Amazing facts about the negro clearly showed that over 400 years before that, they revered Black folks so much that they even had a Black saint (St Maurice), and hundreds of churches with Black Madonna and child.

The NOI, knows the social technology to turn the switch back on, to debrainwash those who have been deaf dumb and blind to the knowledge of self,
    and that is why the suggestion in lieu of the 30 million Black Christians in this nation ,
    was that there could be a NOC utilizing the same social technology, based on the same principles, as in the NOI,
    of Black Nationalism and pan Africanism.

The greatest fear of the corporate oligarchy was of
    a Concern ,
    a going Concern, operating outside of their control,
    that would deprive them of the billions made from the prison industrial complex and the trillions acrued form the drug trade,
    as well as depriving them of billions of Black dollars, that would instead circulate 360 back into the community,
    and have the capacity to debrainwash hundreds of thousands of young black men from community and self destruction, to pillars of the community, the way Detroit Red was debrainwashed to become Malcolm X

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Some fols however regardless of color simply have a natural tendency towards evil, it is called psychopathy

They do evil and have no remorse and claim innocence when caught in the act, and repeat those acts over and over, without any concern for dignity or respect:10500:

7. SophiaG

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Nowadays it's called Anti-Social Personality Disorder because Psychopathy/Sociopathy was deemed too pejorative.

In the article, I remember reading that it said that sadists and psychopaths were screened OUT for the job of torturers because these sorts of people wouldn't get the results that were wanted (a confession).

So, seemingly normal people were drafted to become torturers....and I can't remember what sort of traits these people had (their job came first, they did what they did in upmost secrecy, praise from their superiors for results....)

That's all I can remember. It's in there somewhere.

8. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    These experiments more about human obedience to authority, imo. Science has demonstrated that our capacity for "free will" is overridden fairly regularly.

9. SophiaG

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Yes but there are experiments in there about how anonymity makes it more likely that a human being will act out and also about how lack of self-monitoring (like when someone drinks or is in an altered state) increases the likelyhood that one might do an anti-social act.

I hope I am remembering right, but that's what I remember.

So, (I'm sorry if this reference upsets anyone) with this in mind it makes sense about the KKK and also about mischief night. Both this organization and halloween promote the wearing of masks and anonymity.

Page nine is where it speaks about studies done on anonymity and how it makes people be more violent because they feel they don't have to answer for the consequences of their actions.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    thats like the senator Palpatine syndrome and the flying droid air force,
    In real life these non upfront kiling machines, take out just as many civilian lives

It also explains alot about behavior on the internet and how folks say stuff to people they would not dare say face to faca.

If one is fmiliar with anebriation, alcohol brings out ones deeper hiiden nature

if one is egalitarian, then they will be more so, but if they have a negative nature, it will be braught out.

Folks get drunk, and say all kinds of ish and drama, and then apologize,
    but they cannot hide behind that 80 proof truth serum!