Black Relationships : Evil back stabbing "friends"

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Jaisolovely, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Today I had a real awakening in the "real world". I had got into a physical fight with someone who I thought was my friend. We were "friends" since junior high and her anger towards me didn't add up until a comment she made about high school, that in fact she and another supposedly "friend" were jealous of me.
    I was unsuspecting of her intentions so her attack on me had caught me off guard. Over and over again I think about how I should have handled myself better and I replay the situation over and over and it gets me angrier. What had happen today also hurt me emotionally because it had showed just how lonely I am in this world. Before whether it was family or an old boyfriend, I was being attacked emotionally and verbally. Now this had happened! I have loss so much to gain peace within myself and to let go of my past. Today just brings up a lot of emotions I wish not to feel. I feel revenge in my heart and this person has also threatened to take my life. So I had made up in my mind that if she crosses my path it is WAR!!
    Now I see its all about me now and *uck the world. I am a quiet, sometimes shy, sweet, caring person who is always stepping aside just to get stepped on and I am tired of it. I don't like drama or any form of evil but I do feel that I have to change who I am to get respect and be protective of myself.:insane:

My pain comes from my broken heart but in my world this is just another life lesson and a part of my growing process. This is suppose to be the year of rest and relaxation but so much has happended to me overall in the past two years. This coming up soon will be my birth day, which is in August and I will no longer be a teenager. I know that I have to brush my shoulders off and look forwards. As a young woman I still dont have much guidance in my life so my question is to all the strong, wise, and intellectual women of Destee where should I go from here?
    When it comes to friends (female) what should i look out for, you know the pros and the cons?

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I truly hope that you have healed and grown since this account. I pray that your heart is still able to open up and trust again. And I was so touched that, in spite of your hurt, you had the maturity to view it as a "learning and growing" opportunity.

However, as for any advice, I typically observe how a man or woman treats their other "friends" before letting them into my "inner circle." If I see that they are manipulative or deceitful or using another, then I know not to work toward any friendship with that person....If they mistreat the other people in their lives who knew them before me, I won't be rude to them but I will "feed them with a long-handled spoon."

To have a friend, one has to be a friend.

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    HATE, increases my super power abilities! That's what I always say. For as long as you live there will always be someone out there that does not like you for how you think, how you look, how you act, how you talk...Or just for no reason at all...You have to first realize that and understand that. And another try not to let it get to you where it affects you as a person.

I had girls in high school who jumped me simply because they did not like how I looked. Some of these girls I had considered to be my friends. But learned from that to pick and choose my friends wisely. Still to this day, some of those girls still do not like me and talk behind my back. But you know what? That's their problem. They need to get over themselves and find a hobby. But I'm not going to engage with them and tell them a thing, because I want to stay as far away from that mess as possible.

You'll find that men can hate one women too.

The world can be a hateful place, but you can still live it peacefully.

Surround yourself with people who have REAL goals, and positive goals. They will be the ones that will have your best interest at heart because they don't have time for that when it comes to their lives also.

Laugh at it and move on SIS...The whole thing was childish. Focus on your future and the good things to come.

You can also read what some of the Destee Women wrote about "Keep Friends Close, Enemies Closer" and their opinions.