Black People : Evidence of the Danger of Truth

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    The other night in chat, I had Queen play a lecture by Dr. Joyce Leary on "Post traumatic Slave syndrome". That lecture alone was a testamony of the impact of knowledege as relates to us today from yesterday. Guess what? There were a lot of people "who couldn't handle the information". It was simply too much reality for them. Even my sister Purple Moons told me she almost left and why. I'm glad she stayed, but the point is that, we have very little choice as it concerns us as a people. We either deal with the reality regardless of how painful...or there will be no healing. If we can not heal we can not move forward.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Brother Keita, are you presenting me as part of that evidence? :laugh:

Yes, Dr. Joyce Leary presented some strong analyzes on how we contribute (even to this day) to the cycle of believing we are inferior, while passing on this belief to our children subconsciously. It is a hard pill to swallow. But when you want change and to see a different outcome, It's one pill that is worth the scarring on your windpipe.

Change is not likely for the unknowing. Its in the knowing that promotes the change. It is the fuel that inspires the mind and actions to go beyond the preceived idea of limits.

If yall get a chance, ask Brother Keita to play the lecture for you sometime. It is truly a mind opener.