Status
Not open for further replies.
'Speed,

Now you're switching up speeds.

However:
It goes back to my query no matter how you wanna approach
it.

If we had it right a one time. That is, husband and wife in the
same house hold, fathers taking responsibility and what not.
Not as many devorces; the family unit was arbitrarily intact,
then what happen? Take racism out of it, if it suits you, but
it still beckons; what happened from one generation to
the next, such that even what you've exclaimed is such that
we see it?

The men who have kids and don't do their job. Came from fathers
who didn't that ultimately came from fathers who did do their jobs.
I am asking you between the father who 'did' and the son who grew
up and 'don't'; how did that happen? We can expand just as easily
from the father who raised their kids to the son who grew up and
went about it in the exact opposite - to the former generation who
had all these 'values' to the latter generation that came on the scene
like f everything.

I am asking you: What happened in between that you and I see what we
see?

The time frame when Blacks were building their own towns and businesses was really in the 20's and the White people were destroying them, dismantling them, because they were basically jealous and didn't want us to have nothing and to be dependent upon them. So but the 60's, there wasn't a lot of Black towns left but we remained strong and united dispite not having our own businesses and towns. The struggle continued. Our families were in tact. We valued education. Men were men.

OK, the next step after the civil rights legislation was shuffled in should have been a continued value and embrace of education, followed by making gains in business and in careers. Our predecessors knocked down the walls and kicked in the doors and made the way for that to happen. Our folks ran through. Many took advantage of the freedom to build personal careers and privately held businesses, many took advantage of the freedom and started a party and never stopped. It went downhill from there. At a party, nobody wants to be the responsible party.

Blacks for decades have offered their advice to other Blacks. In order to solve any problems related to issues regarding Blacks, they have to be able to accept "constructive criticism" and most find it to be offensive. That's why most successful Blacks have very little or anything to do with unfortunate Blacks. I am here regardless of the criticism. Most Blacks are poor listeners and will attack other Blacks for telling the truth. I hope those Blacks are ready for the 4-6 trillion dollars worth of cuts because they won't be able to blame anyone for not waking up to the music. There is also a 50/50 chance that we could have a Republican president & Congress after the 2012 election. So if you are other argumentative Blacks don't want to wakeup at the calls of other progressive Blacks ... then you can wake up in 2013 to the harsh reality of a Republican congress & president. They will show Black folks no mercy. I am prepared for them ... are you?
This is the main reason Black people with knowledge and opportunity has to continue to work and teach as many a we can. Although we each may have different ways of helping, I Believe Black folks need to get back to their Heritage as Israelites and stopped living with an American mind set. They need to wash their polluted mind with the word of God and changed their ways? If half of our people were following the laws of God, our community wouldn't be in this mess. Indeed like you said things are about to get real messy in this country soon, and I don't think our financial security alone, will be enough to help us survive the onslaught that are about to come. Unless Black folks go Back to the Most High by keeping his laws and statutes and commandments that can protect them in these difficult days ahead. They will be in deep trouble. Yes I am ready.

My brothers and sisters, the very first thing that we need to do is slow down a little so as to get a clear view of the truth. At one time I used to think that truth was based upon a persons perception of things and that it changed based upon one's viewpoint. Only time would teach me that I was wrong. Here is the correct definition of "truth", and you will not find this in a dictionary. The correct definition of truth is as follows; Truth is that which is consistent with fact and reality." In having said that, let us now turn to the facts at hand. Captain America stated in his post that everything can not be blamed on white people. Fact number #1. Everything as it pertains to our forward mobility and present condition can be blamed on white people without a doubt...pre-civil rights and post civil rights, so let me explain.

The pre-civil rights reality was this: After slavery our people were segregated into our own communities because of the racism in America. According to American history our people formed their own towns, had their own businesses and were productive people amongst ourselves. We had businesses with our people and hired our own people. We were the inventors of this country from clothing, to fashion, to automobiles, (I know that one surprised you) to farming and all else. Black Wallstreet was but one community that we heard about but we had many. We had black banks, colleges, were land owners, had our own planes, medical institutes and much more. Prior to Obama we had at least 10 black Presidents in this country if we follow the rule of one of the parents as being black. It was at this point in our peoples development that the war upon our people was escalated in order to destroy us and to create a permanent working class of black people instead of the independent black people that we were quickly becoming. This was why every example that our people had in terms of forward progress had to be destroyed by white people.

Fact # 2. Our people did everything that they could to fit into American society with the belief that if they proved or showed the white American people that we too loved this country that they would accept us. That was a serious illusion. Our people even went to the lengths of taking it to the supreme court just to be involved in the world war two fight. Only a few people were able to see that our acceptance into America was an illusion. One of them was Marcus Garvey, who advocated our people doing all for ourselves as opposed to begging them to allow us to fit in. Sadly, at that point in time due to the white man's/woman's preoccupation with color, the white people began playing the light skin against the dark skin that we had. In the south the light skinned black people were more accepted and were given positions and jobs and education that the dark skinned of us could not get. This light skin dark skin reality still exist today in certain parts of the south. As our people became aware of this reality, it promoted or developed the shoe shuffling mentality of our people in regards to them. Those who knew how to shuffle the best and kow tow to them were often seen and regarded as good negroes.

Fact # 3. The Rosa Parks bus incident was purposely constructed and they made sure that they chose a light skin black woman to do it, even though very few know that before her, there were two other black women who refused to give up their seats. One was a drunk and the other was a pregnant woman...both of a darker complexion. If one takes the time to review the civil rights leaders, one will find that almost all of them were just about the same complexion. In other words, our people knew the game and we were playing it well in order to have the least amount of friction as possible in our dealing with them to get what we felt we needed politically and economically. Some one asked where the ball got dropped? In hindsight, the civil rights leaders dropped the ball when Dr. King said; "If you won't let us ride the bus, we'll buy the bus"...and we've been riding it ever since...because that was the point were we as a people could have become economically independent and had the foundation set in terms of our people being business minded again. White people saw this also and so they allowed us to ride the bus for fear that we would really buy the bus. While this was happening, there was a more aggressive movement going on amongst those of us who had darker complexions that white people feared. We were moving from being colored to negroes to I'm black and I'm proud and there was an Afrakan consciousness developing within our people. We were wearing dashikis, afros, red, black and green clothes and calling each other brothers and sisters. More than that, black people only wanted to go to school and get a decent job. This was the reality up north, while down south it was somewhat different.

While there were pockets of resistance in some ares of the south, this was not the norm. White people still had a firm grip on the south and black people knew it...therefore there was still an air of fear and respect for the white people down south that did not exist up north. In 1967 a white cop in North Carolina said; Come here boy, to me...and he did not get the response that he was looking for from me...my grandmother immediately sent me back up north because she knew what could and would happen due to my mentality and the idea that I did not know how to lick no boots.

End of Part 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back