Black People : Evidence of the Black Poisoned Mind (part 2)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Jan 5, 2012.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    *Because the original thread is closed, I started a new one to address a few points*...The title of your thread was "Evidence of the Black Poisoned Mind;" and I wanted to give my own p.o.v. on your points here....This is not an attack on you but rather some thoughts to ponder about "poisoned Black minds" and our views of each other and our relationships with each other.....

Although, yes, in some areas and arenas, Blacks did accomplish all these things you mentioned; but, in the North and South, Blacks were still, largely, economically dependent on White society.----Everybody wasn't a part of the "Talented Tenth."---Northern and Southern Blacks were still, largely, in low-paying job positions, serving white people in some way.

We were maids and janitors and pullman-porters and cooks and share-croppers and other subservient employment.

So, in the North and in the South, Black people were still "lickin' boots" and kow-towin' and "Yassuh-ing" to White people in order to keep their jobs to provide for their families.

During the "Great Migration/Exodus" of Blacks from the South, some went North to NY, NJ, MA, DC, MD,...and found white supremacy there too. --Some Blacks went West to CA and found white supremacy there....Some went to IL and MI and found it there too.....Everywhere Black people traveled to from the South, when they DID find jobs, those jobs were also often LOWER in pay than their White co-workers.

And, I said all of this because too often we separate ourselves in a "North-vs-South" mentality. Many Blacks found that going NORTH was not the "Promised Land" they thought it would be, and when they got there, with all of the over-crowded populations and slums and tenements and often COULDN'T FIND A JOB because they competed with the EUROPEAN IMMIGRANTS also flooding into the US, they found out the North was no better for Blacks than the South was.

The NORTH had LYNCHINGS just as in the South. Black men in the North also came up MISSING, never seen again, left for dead somewhere or found floating in a river.

--In 1920, three Black men were lynched in DULUTH, MINNESOTA.
    --In 1939, Malcolm X's father was killed by the KKK... in NEBRASKA.

"Colorism" did not just exist only in the South....Also in the North, lighter-skinned Blacks were given opportunities that darker-skinned Blacks were not....This was evident in Northern education, Northern employment, and even their entertainment....At the famous Cotton Club, Blacks could entertain there but weren't allowed in the front door as patrons; and the Black female dancers had to be "Tall, TAN, and Terrific."---meaning they had to be LIGHT-SKINNED.

And the light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned mentality, still goes on today in the North and the South...by White people because they feel more comfortable with lighter-skinned Blacks, closer to their color and/or features....and, sadly, by some Black people because that's what we have been conditioned to think/feel/believe.

I have a problem with your implications here...Yes, Rosa Parks was a light-skinned woman; but those other two women were not used NOT because of their darker color but because the CRM needed someone to hold up to White society that they could not DISCREDIT.....And here was Rosa Parks, a 42 y/o Black woman, married, settled, and Christian to appeal to the hearts/minds of White folks about the injustices to Black people.

Claudette Colvin, was a pregnant, unwed, teenager who had refused her seat just 9 months before Rosa; but the CRM leaders didn't want to use her in its campaign because they knew white folks would slay the victim, that they would DISCREDIT her for being an unwed, pregnant teenager.---It would have FED the already present White stereotypes of Black sexuality and Black women being promiscuous....It had NOTHING to do with her SKIN COLOR.

And, I must disagree with you here on the skin-tones of the Civil Rights leaders....Yes, there were some light-skinned Blacks in the CRM; but they were not a part of the movement because of their skin color.

1. M.L. King was NOT light-skinned.
    2. Fannie Lou Hamer was NOT light-skinned.
    3. Ralph Abernathy was NOT light-skinned.
    4. Fred Shuttlesworth was NOT light-skinned.
    5. Bayard Rustin, Medgar Evers, and many others were not light-skinned.

Most were BROWN-skinned men and women and some were DARK-skinned.

And those Black men, women and children who were beaten, bitten by dogs, water-hosed and jailed in the marches, sit-ins, bus rides and voter registrations were LIGHT-skinned AND DARK-skinned Blacks. .

But your implications are that they chose lighter-skinned Black people for the movement in order to cater to white people..

Being "LIGHT-skinned" did not save any Black man or woman from the KKK.

[​IMG]

2. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/evidence-of-the-black-poisoned-mind.68033/page-12#post-703726

Here again, is this "Northern-vs-Southern" mentality....Here you are talking about how the Black people in the South still "feared" white people....Here you are implying that "NORTHERN" Blacks were more "militant" towards white supremacy but that "SOUTHERN" Blacks were submissive "boot-lickers" to white people.

But, even in the NORTH, Black people were "boot-lickin" as well in order to keep their jobs to feed their families...They smiled and grinned, bowed and kow-towed to the white people who employed them....They swept/mopped floors. They shined shoes. They carried bags and served food and drinks....Most NORTHERN Blacks didn't have a high-paying job or a factory job or a job protected by a Union.

See, this kind of thinking is aligned with the thinking of Northern White people who often looked down on racist Southern Whites.--Northern Whites often viewed the "RACE PROBLEM" as a SOUTHERN issue... To them, it was them "Red-necks" down SOUTH who were so ignorant, barbaric and uncivilized cuz they didn't have those kinda problems with their "darkies" UP NORTH.

But, even in the 60s and throughout the Civil Rights Movement, there was just as much racism/white supremacy UP NORTH as it was in the South....Even in the NORTH, there was segregation, places Black people couldn't go.

Yes, NORTH and SOUTH, we often had our own SEPARATE businesses because we couldn't go to the white establishments, anyway.

And, there were "POCKETS" of resistance all over the U.S....North, South, East and West.

Yes, the 1960s were the hot-bed of racial resistance with riots in the North; and Blacks were rioting against the LONG-standing, INSTITUTIONALIZED racism that was just as prevalent UP NORTH as in the South.

But, where ever we lived, we were ALL under the yoke of white supremacy: educationally, socially, legally, and financially.

In many aspects, Northern Black people didn't have it any easier or better than Blacks in the South.

So, I believe we should be careful and mindful of how we speak of/view each other, not DIVIDING ourselves by "north/south" locales and regions.....Yes, there are some differences in "sub-cultures" according to geographic areas; but we are all Black people who all suffered (and still suffer) under white supremacy.

So, when it comes to white supremacy, there should be no finger-pointing from northern Blacks of a "That's how you southern Black people think/do, any way" mentality. ---(nor vice-versa).

Now, in spite of the differences in our religions, I hold a lot of respect for Malcolm X for what he stood for.

But, there is one particular speech he gave which I disagreed with and that was "The House Negro and the Field Negro" (Message to the Grassroots, 1963).

Now, in this speech, Malcolm delineates the differences between the "House slaves" and the "Field slaves."---But, even though SOME of what he said was correct, it was not all historically accurate. ...

In this speech, Malcolm talked about how the "House Negroes" ate better, slept, dressed and lived better than the "Field Negroes"
    and how the "House Negroes" were so "PROTECTIVE" of and "SUBMISSIVE to their White slave owners....while the "Field Negroes" didn't care if something bad happened to the slave owners.

But this is not entirely true.....During slavery, often the "House" slaves did NOT eat any better than the "Field" slaves. Very often they were NOT allowed to eat what they served to their white owners; and if CAUGHT eating it or SUSPECTED of eating it, they were WHIPPED for it. ---Often, the White woman of the House would keep a sharp eye on food supplies and if anything was MISSING, the kitchen slaves were beaten for it.

...Often, the "HOUSE" slaves did NOT sleep in the Master's House but had to RETURN to the "SLAVE QUARTERS" at the end of the day and then return to the House EARLY the next morning.

...and what Malcolm also failed to mention was that those BLACK WOMEN who were "HOUSE Negroes" were often RAPED by the White owner and were further mistreated by his White WIFE because she KNEW it and so she abused that "HOUSE" slave woman for it. ....likewise, "Massa" could go out to the slave cabins and RAPE any "FIELD" slave woman as well.

So, at the end of the day, they were ALL slaves, "House" and "Field" and ALL were victims of the same CONDITIONING.

And if their White owners were not as vicious/brutal as some other slave owners, the "House Negroes" AND the "Field Negroes" didn't want anything to happen to them and tried to be some "GOOD" negroes for fear of being SOLD somewhere else which was WORSE than where they were.

Now, yes, in this speech, Malcolm was throwing bricks at the Civil Rights leaders because he didn't agree with the "peaceful resistance" of the Civil Rights Movement. --And often, I have heard Blacks reference this speech by Malcolm in order to finger-point at some other Black person they have deemed as a "House Negro," accepting everything Malcolm said as "gospel" and not knowing or understanding the historical CONTEXT this speech was made in.

But, IMO, Malcolm's "House Negroes & Field Negroes" and your "Northern Negroes & Southern Negroes" are both DIVISIVE, aiding in the "divide & conquer" tactics white supremacy has used against us for hundreds of years.

This is why I say we should be mindful/careful of these kinds of "divisions" amongst ourselves.

For me, this is also "EVIDENCE OF THE BLACK POISONED MIND."

According to your first account profile, your date of birth is listed as: Aug.13,1956.

So, in 1967, you were only ELEVEN YEARS OLD....Just what were you gonna do or say to a white man with a badge and a gun in 1967......at ELEVEN YEARS OLD?

This incident happened in North Carolina; but even if it had happened UP NORTH, just what were you gonna do or say to a white cop at ELEVEN YEARS OLD?

So, would it be a fair assessment to say that you are also calling your own GRANDMOTHER and any of your ancestors in the SOUTH summa those "BOOT-LICKIN" Black folks you're talking about?

If so, then THAT is also "EVIDENCE OF THE BLACK POISONED MIND."

And, I just don't feel/believe that these kinds of "Northern Negroes-versus-Southern Negroes" separations and implications that Blacks UP NORTH were (then) or are (now) any more "enlightened" than Blacks in the SOUTH---This is not a beneficial mentality to us as a People.

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    My very belated condolences and big props to the light skin bro of that era!

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    And this is why I addressed your previous posts...not to attack you but to "unveil/reveal" some of the "Poison" some of us may not even be aware of.

On this site, a lot of energy is expended by members here about religion; but no matter what God or gods/goddesses any Black person may believe in, we shouldn't allow our spiritual differences to overshadow our commonalities under white supremacy and all the ills of it that we all have "inherited."

So, there shouldn't be any "Us-versus-Them" mentalities amongst ourselves, conscious or subconscous:

"Northern Blacks-versus-Southern Blacks"

"Light-Skinned Blacks-versus-Dark-skinned Blacks"

"African-American Blacks-versus-Indigenous African Blacks"

"Christian Blacks-versus-Muslim/ATR/or Israelite Blacks"

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

......Well said sister cherryblossom, well said indeed; I can touch and agree with this.

Peace In,

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I suggest you read the article, 'Uprooting racistS and racism in the U. S.', via my late mentor, James Boggs ('RACISM AND THE CLASS STRUGLE', MONTHY REVIEW PRESS, 1970)..

Flashforward, and one source dared to call Malcolm X 'a civil rights leader', and Ron Paul revised King, Jr.s stands to make him a 'libertarian'...

My and the point: Beware of those who dare to revise the histories of our peoples legacies of resistance...

Let us recall what the truth was and is...

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Is this the James Boggs you are referring to chuck?

[​IMG]
    James (left) with Grace Lee Boggs

In later years, he would play an influential role in the radical wing of the civil rights movement and interacted with many of the most important civil rights activists of the day including Malcolm X, Ossie Davis and many others.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Boggs_(activist)

Peace In,

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I'm sure you do, Brother Clyde.....I just wish more of us could "touch and agree" on that point alone as well.

But, unfortunately, too many of us here spend much of their time trying to convince others why their religion is so wrong.

.... or wanna score points off another Black person about how/why their religion is invalid.

....or wanna say that if the white man had his hands in it anywhere, then it's wrong for Black people.

....or wanna say that any Black person who holds to any so-called "white religion" has a "European mind," not an "African mind"

....or wanna say that Black people who follow such religions are still "stuck in the Matrix."

But, in some shape, form or fashion, we are ALL still "stuck in the Matrix" under the "GLOBAL SYSTEM OF WHITE SUPREMACY." *shout-out to Bro. James!*

...We go to jobs which are, largely, run and organized by WHITE people.

...Our homes and car are, largely, financed by WHITE banking institutions.

....We pay our electric, water, sewer, and/or gas bills to WHITE companies.

....We supplies our homes with goods and foods, largely, from WHITE businesses.

....Our children are, largely, educated by WHITE systems and teachers.
    Yet, there are HUNDREDS of threads on this site talking about RELIGION being the "bane/poison" and "destruction/ruin" of Black people.

But, for those members here who are so in touch with their "AFRICAN minds" and so "enlightened" and "CONSCIOUS" of the evils of white supremacy and its "divide & conquer" tactics, then why do we still divide ourselves and finger-point at other Black people because their spiritual beliefs are different?

Yet, EVERYDAY, we ALL still live in this BLACK SKIN we all share....under the SAME white supremacy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that some of the same Black folks who always talkin 'bout AFRICA still wouldn't be going NO WHERE even if you gave them a free plane ticket, a house & a job, and financed all their moving expenses over there!

And, the words of Marcus Garvey may also apply to some of them as well>>>>