Black Spirituality Religion : "EVIDENCE" CHRISTIANITY IS FALSE...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by solomon7, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS I WILL PROVE.

Now, I could make this statement, then provide the neccessary proof.

Instead, I shall first tell you where to look and, allow you to do your OWN research.

That way, you can not truthfully accuse me of presenting "my" or "someone else's" truth.

YOU SHALL SUPPLY YOUR OWN.

By the will of God, I shall soon begin...

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    But before he could do it he was struck down by lightening lol :D
    Trying to expose Rosemary's baby, huh.

3. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    JUST WISH FOR MY PEOPLE TO FINALLY KNOW THE TRUTH.

4. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    FIRST, I SHALL APPEAL TO YOUR LOGIC...

Subject: why are we, as Blacks, so ignorant, when it comes to religion?...

17: If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the
    burning fiery furnace; and he will deliver us out of your hand, O
    king.

To have this type of faith, one must basically believe they had
    already been "delivered".

can you imagine holding that faith, even while entering the "fiery
    furnace"?

THAT IS TRUE FAITH!

Now, the Caucasians taught us Christianity,
    while we were enslaved.
    if Jesus was really the equal of God, would
    he have said these things?

[27] Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world
    gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let
    them be afraid.
    [28] You heard me say to you, `I go away, and I will come to you.' If
    you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father;
    ***for the Father is greater than I.***
    [29] And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it
    does take place, you may believe.
    JOHN 14

[17] And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt
    before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit
    eternal life?"

[18] And Jesus said to him, ***"Why do you call me good? No one is
    good but God alone.***

[19] You know the commandments: `Do not kill, Do not commit adultery,
    Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your
    father and mother.'"
    MARK 10

Now, I think most, if not all of us, will agree,
    slavery as well as having to "fight" for "equal rights", was not
    fair!
    Yet, we accept that the religion, taught to us, by the same
    people, is somehow correct! No questions asked!!!

[28] Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are
    in the tombs will hear ***his*** voice
    [29] and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of
    life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.
    [30]***"I can do nothing on my own authority; as I hear, I judge; and
    my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of
    him who sent me.***

[31] If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true;
    [32] there is another who bears witness to me, and I know that the
    testimony which he bears to me is true.
    JOHN 5

if you take one step towards Him, He runs 2 you!

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I hear ya. WE all do.

6. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    YET, SOME ACT AS IF THEY DO NOT.

:Zzz:

7. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    PART ONE

THE BLACK MADONNA

Are you familiar?

This info shall give you a great hint, as to the origination of Christianity.

If not familiar, DO SOME RESEARCH!

Simply enter "Black Madonna" into your "search engine".

BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THE MOTHER AND CHILD ARE BLACK.

Please, report your findings.

:baby:

8. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    THE BLACK MADONNA, Pt 2

"...Throughout Europe there remain a number of places of worship
    which
    > feature paintings, statues and frescoes of a dark-skinned Jesus and
    His
    > mother Mary such as the cathedral of Moulins in France, the Church
    of
    > Annunciata, the Church of St. Stephen at Genoa, the St. Francisco at
    > Pisa, the Church of St. Theodore at Munich, etc. ORIGNALLY POSTED
    BT BROTHER ISHAQ
    > WHY IS THIS?
    >
    > * The Christian Madonna is copied from the Egyptian Madonna
    > Worshiped
    > [/SIZE]
    in Egypt & Rome, Black Isis & Horus her son was the model for the
    > worship
    > of the Madonna & Christ. Millions of whites worship the Black
    > Madonna &
    > Christ, found in Europe's most venerated shrines (formerly the sites
    > of
    > temples of Isis). Titles such as Our Lady, The Great Mother, are the
    > same titles attributed to Isis. The word "Madonna" itself is from
    > the
    > mater domina, a title used for Isis!
    >
    >
    > ...that in all the Romish countries of Europe, in
    > France, Italy, Germany, &c., the God Christ, as well as his mother,
    > are described in their old pictures and statues to be black. The
    > infant God in the arms of his black mother, his eyes and drapery
    > white, is himself perfectly black. ..There is scarcely an old
    church in Italy were some remains of the
    > worship of the BLACK VIRGIN and BLACK CHILD are not to be met with.
    > Very often the black figures have given way to white ones, and in
    > these cases the black ones, as being held sacred, were put into
    > retired places in the churches, but were not destroyed, but are yet
    > to be found there. ... They are generally esteemed .
    > by the rabble with
    > the most profound veneration
    > If the author had wished to invent a circumstance to corroborate the
    > assertion, that the Romish Christ of Europe is the Cristna of India,
    > how could he have desired anything more striking than the fact of
    the
    > black Virgin and Child being so common in the Romish countries of
    > Europe ? A black virgin and child among the white Germans, Swiss,
    > French, and Italians ! ! !
    >
    > The Romish Cristna is black in India, black in Europe, and black he
    > must remain?like the ancient gods of Greece, as we have just seen.
    > But, after all, what was he but the Jupiter, the second person of
    > their Trimurti or Trinity, the Logos of Parmenides and Plato, an
    > incarnation or emanation of the solar power ?
    > Excert from Anacalypsis by Mr. Godrey Higgins
    ================

African-centered
    Christianity divorced Eurocentric Christianity over the
    interpretation of the Monophysite
    Doctrine (God-In-Flesh): Ethiopian-Egyptians believed that when God
    manifested, in flesh,
    that man becomes a Living Mortal God... while Euro-centric
    Christianity believed that when
    God manifests in flesh, two separate beings exist side-by-side,
    inside man...Divine and
    human.
    http://www.rootsinternational.net/blackmadonna.html

THE MADONA AND CHILD ARE BLACK BECAUSE, THEY ARE A REMNANT OF THE WORSHIP OF HORUS AND HIS "VIRGIN" MOTHER ISIS.
    THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE BLACK SO, NATURALLY THEIR GODS WERE.

IN MY OPINION, THE CHRISTIANITY THAT IS PRATISED IN AMERICA, IS BASED ON THE WORSHIP OF HORUS. THIS IS WHERE THE "STORY" OF JESUS(PBUH) COMES FROM.

REMEMBER, IT IS VERY EASY TO TRACE THE CHRISTIANITY OF AMERICA BACK TO ROME VIA ENGLAND.

R E T U R N T O G L O R Y by Joel A. Freeman, Ph.D.
    photos that prove, the ancient Egytians were Black.
    http://www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGhistory.htm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.theworkofgod.org/Aparitns/Others2.htm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.angelastrology.com/madonnas2.htm
    [​IMG]
    http://puffin.creighton.edu/jesuit/andre/trinity.html
    [​IMG]
    http://www.thule-italia.com/madonnanera.htm

The Original
    Black Madonna
    Saxakali.com

Blacked Out Through Whitewash
    is a
    great book
    for all peoples
    of color

Christ's Mother, "The Black Madonna"
    is worshiped throughout Europe of all places

The most sacred icons of the Catholic Church are the Black Madonna and Christ child, which are found in Europe's most venerated shrines and cathedrals. Each year, hundreds of thousands of European pilgrims ritually humble themselves before the image of Black Mary and her child Jesus at Black Madonna sites throughout France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Portugal and other Catholic countries. Many Black Madonna statues have the black paint literally kissed off of their hands and feet. In Poland, the Church encourages believers to pray to the Black Madonna of Czestochowka every morning before rising. It is reported that Pope John Paul follows this ritual. Time Magazine (June 11, 1979) reported on Popelaul II's visit to Czestochowka's holiest shrine, which prominently displays "The Lady" known for centuries as the Black Madonna. At Our Lady of Koden (Poland), there are statues of white saints carrying pictures of Black Madonnas. Pilgrims throughout the ages have visited Black Madonna sites and left inspired, confident, relieved, or healed of their afflictions. Today, there are over 300 documented Black Madonna sites in France alone! 1 Sometimes they are hidden awaken vaults, while the public is shown Madonnas with European features.

The Oueen of the Pyrenees
    In the hard-to-find classic, Anacalypsis, historian Godfrey Higgens writes, "...in all the Romish countries of Europe, in France, Italy, Germany, etc., the God Christ, as well as his mother, are described in their old pictures and statues to be black. The infant God in the arms of his black mother, his eyes and drapery white, is himself perfectly black. If the reader doubt my word, he may go to the cathedral at Moulins -to the famous chapel of the Virgin at Loretto ...the whiteness of the eyes and teeth, and the studied redness of the lips, are very observable... There is scarcely an old church in Italy where some remains of the worship of the BLACK VIRGIN and BLACK CHID are not to be met with. Very often the black figures have given way to white ones, and in these cases the black ones, as being held sacred, were put into retired places in the churches, but were not destroyed... 2
    The Black Madonnas originally all had Africoid features before most of them were destroyed by iconoclasts. When they were replaced, the artists retained the dark skin color but, not being familiar with real Afrikans, gave European features to the paintings. In cases where originals have survived, you may witness Africoid features on Mary and her child Jesus, such as the Black Madonna of Nuria, Spain - called "the Queen of the Pyrenees." Russia's remarkable legacy of Black Madonnas and other Christian icons of dark skin is evidenced in the book, Russian Icons by Vladimir Ivanov, including the feature story of the Spring 1994 issue of Russian Life magazine, graced with a Black Madonna on its cover.
    1) Watts, 22.
    2) Higgens, v! 138

Actually the worship of the virgin, Black "Mother of God" with her God-begotten child, far predates Christianity and prevailed throughout the ancient world.

Goddess Ad (Isis) suckling
    Her Holy Child Heru (Horus).[​IMG]
    Historians recognize that the statue of the Egyptian Goddess Isis with her child Horus in her arms was the first Madonna and Child. They were renamed Mary and Jesus when Europe was forcibly Christianized. The worship of Isis and Horus was especially popular in ancient Rome. "Roman legions carried this figure of Black Isis holding the Black infant Horus all over Europe where shrines were established to her. So holy and venerate were these shrines that when Christianity invaded Europe, these figures of the Black Isis holding the Black Horus were not destroyed but turned into figures of the Black Madonna and Child. Today these are still the holiest shrines in Catholic Europe." 1 Titles such as Our Lady, The Great Mother, are the same titles attributed to Isis! The word "Madonna" itself is from mater domina, a title used for Isis! The month of May, which was dedicated to the heathen Virgin Mothers, is also the month Mary, the Christian Virgin. 2
    The Fedorovo Virgin, a Black Madonna
    icon of 18th century Russia

Incredulously, many contemporary white authors seem not to link or acknowledge the Black Madonna's color with her Afrikan origin,
    although their ancestors did without hesitation. Some flatly deny any
    racial connection. Instead, they come up with various reasons and sophisticated explanations (the "dark" phase of the moon, fertility of the earth, etc.) -any excuse except Melanin - to explain why the Lady is portrayed black.

This is evident in a number of books by white authors discussing Black Madonnas. Perhaps whites have become so enmeshed in the webs of false history woven by their predecessors that many are blind to the truth, unable to see or discern even glaring evidence of Afrikan historical presence. If white writers of today are indeed this ignorant - or pretending ignorance - of the Black Madonna's Afrikan origin, let them read the works of a few rare honest white scholars which preceded them, such as Gerald Massey, T.W. Doane, Godfrey Higgins and Kersey Graves. These writers knew and wrote the truth. This is amazing given the exceedingly overtly racist times in which they lived. Yet today, official white establishment does not and will not acknowledge the Afrikan genesis of their whitewashed religions.

In Bible Myths, T.W. Doane devotes a chapter to The Worship of the Virgin Mother, where he candidly states, "The whole secret of the fact of these early representations of the Virgin Mary and Jesus - so called-being black, crowned, and covered with jewels, is that they are of pre-Christian origin; they are Isis and Horus... baptized anew." 3
    1) Saskana, 53-54.
    2) Doane, 335.
    3) Ibid., 337.
    Send mail to [email protected] with questions or comments about this web site.
    Copyright ? 1997 [Saxakali]
    Last modified:February 19, 1999
    insha Allah more, later...

9. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    VIRGINS PT 1

To believe Mary was a "virgin", makes the Qur'an guilty of the actions of the Bible.

Christianity, as practised in America, can easily be traced back to Rome.

The New Testament is based upon the religions that existed in Rome, at the time of it's writing. Insha Allah, I shall discuss this latter...

The Virgin Mary, in most countries where the Roman faith prevails, is called the Queen of Heaven : this is the very epithet given by the ancients to the mother of Bacchus, who was said to be a virgin. ..

We have seen, I think, that it is beyond the possibility of doubt that Buddha and Mercury, sons of Maia, were the same person. This receives a very remarkable confirmation from the fact, that Mercury was always called by the Gentiles the Logos—"The word that in the beginning was God, and that also was a God."* But this Logos we have also shewn to be the Divine Wisdom, and he was, according to the Pagan Amelius, the Creator. He says, "And this plainly was the Logoj by whom all things were made,** he being himself eternal, as Heraclitus would say : and by JOVE the same whom the barbarian affirms to have been in the place and dignity of a principal, and to be with God, and to be God, by whom all things were made, and in whom every thing that was made has its life and being : who, descending into body, and putting on flesh, took the appearance of a man, though even then gave proof of the majesty of his nature : nay, after his dissolution, he was deified again." If this do not prove the identity of Buddha and the Romish Jesus nothing can do it.
    **Vol. I. p.118.

The MERCURY of Egypt, Teut-tat, is the same as the Gothic Thiod-tat, or query, Thiod-ad ?* Here we come, perhaps, at the origin of Qeoj. Jayadeva describes Buddha as bathing in blood, or sacrificing his life to wash away the offences of mankind, and thereby to make them partakers of the kingdom of heaven. On this the author of the Cambridge Key** says, "Can a Christian doubt that this Buddha was the type of the Saviour of the world ?" This Buddha the Cantab. supposes to have been Enoch.

* Hermes Scythicus, Origin of Greeks, p.131; Univers. Hist. Vol. VI. p.33.

**Vol. I. p.118.

No person who has considered well the character of the temples on India and Egypt, can help being convinced of the identity of their character, and of their being the production of the same race of people; and this race evidently Ethiopian. The Sphinxes have all Ethiopian faces. The bust of Memnon in the British Museum is evidently Ethiopian. The worship of the Mother and Child is seen in all parts of the Egyptian religion. It prevails every where. It is the worship of Isis and the infant Orus or Osiris. It is the religious rite which was so often prohibited at Rome, but which prevailed in spite of all opposition, as we find from the remaining ruins of its temples. It was perhaps from this country, Egypt, that the worship of the black virgin and child came into Italy, where it still prevails. It was the worship of the mother of the God Iaw, the Saviour; Bacchus in Greece, Adonis in Syria, Cristna in India; composing into Italy through the medium of the two , she was as the Ethiopians were, black, and such she still remains.

M. Dupuis says, the celestial sign of the Virgin and Child was in existence several thousand years before the birth of Christ. The constellation of the celestial Virgin by its ascension above the horizon presided at the birth of the God Sol, or light, and seemed to produce him from her side. Here is the origin of Jesus born from the side of his mother. The Magi, as well as the priests of Egypt, celebrated the birth of the God Sol, or Light, or Day, incarnate in the womb of a virgin, which had produced him without ceasing to be a virgin, and without connexion with man. This was he of whom all the prophets and mystagogues prophesied, saying, "A virgin shall conceive, and bear a son" (and his name shall be Om-nu-al, Om our God). … This is the same virgin of the constellation whom, Eratosthenes says, the learned of Alexandria call Ceres or Isis, who opened the year and presided at the birth of the god Day. It was in honour of this same virgin, (from whom the sun emanated, and by whom the god Day or Light was nursed,) that, at Sais, the famous feast of lights was celebrated, and from which our Candlemas, or our feast of the lights of the purification, was taken. Ceres was always called the Holy Virgin.*
    * Dupuis, Vol. III. pp. 40, &c., 4to.

Pelloutier,* as noticed before, has observed, that more than a hundred years before the Christian æra, in the territory of Chartres, among the Gauls, honours were paid to the virgin (VIRGINI PARITUÆ) who was about to give birth to the God of Light. That was really the Buddhist worship, I have no doubt. The Virgin was the beautiful Maya, the mother of Buddha—the Budwas found in Wales, as noticed in my Celtic Druids.**

* Hist. des Celtes, liv. v. p.15; Dupuis, Vol. III. p.51.

** Ch. v. sect. viii. and xxxvii.

The worship of the Virgin was in no sense applicable to Mary the wife of Joseph. If this worship had been originally derived from her, or instituted in her honour, she would not have been called a virgin as a distinguishing mark of honour; for she was no more a virgin than any other woman who had a large family : for such a family, after the birth of Jesus, it cannot be denied that, according to the Gospel accounts, she had. Therefore why, more than any other woman, should she be called a virgin ? The truth is, that the worship of the virgin and child, which we find in all Romish countries, was nothing more than a remnant of the worship of Isis and the God Horus—the Virgin of the celestial sphere, to whom the epithet virgin, though a mother, was without absurdity applied.

http://members.tripod.com/~pc93/anacv1b6.htm

words of Mr. Godfrey Higgins

Godfrey Higgins (1772-1833), archaeologist, humanist, social reformer and author, was one of the most remarkable men of early nineteenth century Britain. Born January 30, 1772, he was educated at Cambridge (Trinity Hall) and studied law. During the threatened invasion of Britain by Napoleon, Higgins joined the Volunteer Corps, becoming a Captain in the Third West York Militia, commissioned as a Major in 1808. He resigned following a severe fever and was appointed a Justice of the Peace in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
    As a magistrate, he courageously exposed the scandalous treatment of pauper lunatics and campaigned for Parliamentary Reform, criticizing excessive taxation, the Corn Laws and the exploitation of children in factories. In the course of time, he became preoccupied with the purpose of life and the meaning of religion. He became a member of the Society of Arts, the British Association for the Advancement of Science and other learned bodies.

He attended lectures and spent some ten hours a day for more than 20 years in study of religious beliefs.

In 1826, he published Horae Sabbaticae, a study of the origin of the Sabbath, in which he recommended that it be kept as a festival instead of a gloomy fast: His publication of An Apology for the Life and Character of Mahommed (1829) brought indignant criticism from dogmatic Christians. His book The Celtic Druids (1827) was a substantial work which was criticised by priests because it was [48] 'anti-Christian' and by Deists because it was 'superfluously religious.' In a Preface to the second edition in 1829, he stated that he was preparing a new work which would review 'all the ancient Mythologies of the world, which, however varied, and corrupted in recent times, were originally ONE, and that ONE founded on principles sublime, beautiful, and true.' This was his monumental work Anacalypsis. It was published in two large quarto volumes, totalling over 1,300 pages, with meticulous references to hundreds of other books.
    There are two basic themes which emerge from his intricate discussion, end to which the whole work moves - that there were ancient civilisations that had achieved superior religious knowledge, much of which has since been lost, and that there is a universal basis to all religions.
    The full title of this massive work is Anacalypsis; An Attempt to Draw Aside the Veil of the Saitic Isis; or an Inquiry into the Origin of languages, Nations and Religions.

Your most sincere and loyal servant
    suleiman = wise abdul = slave of
    Rahman = The Benificent or The Doer of Good
    so, the wise slave of, The Doer of Good
    "Pluto sits out there, but still just a touch of the Sun moves her."

10. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Isn't Allah really the "Moon-God" of Sumeria?

"Archaeologists have uncovered temples to the Moon-god throughout the Middle East. From the mountains of Turkey to the banks of the Nile, the most wide-spread religion of the ancient world was the worship of the Moon-god.

In the first literate civilization, the Sumerians have left us thousands of clay tablets in which they described their religious beliefs. As demonstrated by Sjoberg and Hall, the ancient Sumerians worshipped a Moon-god who was called many different names. The most popular names were Nanna, Suen and Asimbabbar. His symbol was the crescent moon. Given the amount of artifacts concerning the worship of this Moon-god, it is clear that this was the dominant religion in Sumeria. The cult of the Moon-god was the most popular religion throughout ancient Mesopotamia. The Assyrians, Babylonians, and the Akkadians took the word Suen and transformed it into the word Sin as their favorite name for the Moon-god. As Prof. Potts pointed out, "Sin is a name essentially Sumerian in origin which had been borrowed by the Semites."

In ancient Syria and Canna, the Moon-god Sin was usually represented by the moon in its crescent phase. At times the full moon was placed inside the crescent moon to emphasize all the phases of the moon. The sun-goddess was the wife of Sin and the stars were their daughters. For example, Istar was a daughter of Sin. Sacrifices to the Moon-god are described in the Pas Shamra texts. In the Ugaritic texts, the Moon-god was sometimes called Kusuh. In Persia, as well as in Egypt, the Moon-god is depicted on wall murals and on the heads of statues. He was the Judge of men and gods. The Old Testament constantly rebuked the worship of the Moon-god (see: Deut. 4:19;17:3; II Kngs. 21:3,5; 23:5; Jer. 8:2; 19:13; Zeph. 1:5, etc.) When Israel fell into idolatry, it was usually the cult of the Moon-god. As a matter of fact, everywhere in the ancient world, the symbol of the crescent moon can be found on seal impressions, steles, pottery, amulets, clay tablets, cylinders, weights, earrings, necklaces, wall murals, etc. In Tell-el-Obeid, a copper calf was found with a crescent moon on its forehead. An idol with the body of a bull and the head of man has a crescent moon inlaid on its forehead with shells. In Ur, the Stela of Ur-Nammu has the crescent symbol placed at the top of the register of gods because the Moon-god was the head of the gods. Even bread was baked in the form of a crescent as an act of devotion to the Moon-god. The Ur of the Chaldees was so devoted to the Moon-god that it was sometimes called Nannar in tablets from that time period.

A temple of the Moon-god has been excavated in Ur by Sir Leonard Woolley. He dug up many examples of moon worship in Ur and these are displayed in the British Museum to this day. Harran was likewise noted for its devotion to the Moon-god. In the 1950's a major temple to the Moon-god was excavated at Hazer in Palestine. Two idols of the moon god were found. Each was a stature of a man sitting upon a throne with a crescent moon carved on his chest . The accompanying inscriptions make it clear that these were idols of the Moon-god. Several smaller statues were also found which were identified by their inscriptions as the "daughters" of the Moon-god. What about Arabia? As pointed out by Prof. Coon, "Muslims are notoriously loath to preserve traditions of earlier paganism and like to garble what pre-Islamic history they permit to survive in anachronistic terms."

During the nineteenth century, Amaud, Halevy and Glaser went to Southern Arabia and dug up thousands of Sabean, Minaean, and Qatabanian inscriptions which were subsequently translated. In the 1940's, the archeologists G. Caton Thompson and Carleton S. Coon made some amazing discoveries in Arabia. During the 1950's, Wendell Phillips, W.F. Albright, Richard Bower and others excavated sites at Qataban, Timna, and Marib (the ancient capital of Sheba). Thousands of inscriptions from walls and rocks in Northern Arabia have also been collected. Reliefs and votive bowls used in worship of the "daughters of Allah" have also been discovered. The three daughters, al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat are sometimes depicted together with Allah the Moon-god represented by a crescent moon above them. The archeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion of Arabia was the cult of the Moon-god.

In Old Testament times, Nabonidus (555-539 BC), the last king of Babylon, built Tayma, Arabia as a center of Moon-god worship. Segall stated, "South Arabia's stellar religion has always been dominated by the Moon-god in various variations." Many scholars have also noticed that the Moon-god's name "Sin" is a part of such Arabic words as "Sinai," the "wilderness of Sin," etc. When the popularity of the Moon-god waned elsewhere, the Arabs remained true to their conviction that the Moon-god was the greatest of all gods. While they worshipped 360 gods at the Kabah in Mecca, the Moon-god was the chief deity. Mecca was in fact built as a shrine for the Moon-god.

This is what made it the most sacred site of Arabian paganism. In 1944, G. Caton Thompson revealed in her book, The Tombs and Moon Temple of Hureidha, that she had uncovered a temple of the Moon-god in southern Arabia. The symbols of the crescent moon and no less than twenty-one inscriptions with the name Sin were found in this temple. An idol which may be the Moon-god himself was also discovered. This was later confirmed by other well-known archeologists.

The evidence reveals that the temple of the Moon-god was active even in the Christian era. Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that Moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult. According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the Moon-god was Sin, his title was al-ilah, i.e. "the deity," meaning that he was the chief or high god among the gods. As Coon pointed out, "The god Il or Ilah was originally a phase of the Moon God." The Moon-god was called al-ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle had Allah as part of their names.

The fact that they were given such names by their pagan parents proves that Allah was the title for the Moon-god even in Muhammad's day. Prof. Coon goes on to say, "Similarly, under Mohammed's tutelage, the relatively anonymous Ilah, became Al-Ilah, The God, or Allah, the Supreme Being."

The pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone; killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc.

The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles is refuted by solid, overwhelming archeological evidence. Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god. As such, it is sheer idolatry and must be rejected by all those who follow the Torah and Gospel."

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.