Black Spirituality Religion : Everything You Know About God Is Wrong:

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Goddess Auset333, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/1932857591/disinformation
    Everything You Know About God Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Religion
    This massive book systematically reveals the distortions, myths, and utter weirdness that have been shoved down our throats by organized religions of all stripes, including Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, new religions, and others who want to keep their lucrative franchises intact. Master anthologist RUSS KICK has assembled an unprecedented arsenal of writers, reporters, and researchers to invade the inner sanctum for an unrestrained look at the wild and wooly world of organized belief: Richard Dawkins shows us the strange, scary properties of religion; Neil Gaiman turns a biblical atrocity story into a comic (that almost sent a publisher to prison); Douglas Rushkoff tells us why traditional Judaism is facing a self-imposed death sentence; Erik Davis looks at what happens when religion and California collide; H.G. Wells has Jesus of Nazareth discuss his failure; Greta Christina gives us comforting thoughts about death that have nothing to do with God; Paul Krassner reveals his “Confessions of an Atheist”; Found Magazine compiles its greatest religious hits; Nasrin Alavi looks at Iranian blogs for the possibility of an Islamic Reformation; and much more!

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Doesn't everyone have a choice to believe as they will, though? How is it more shoved down anyone's throat than those who don't believe calling other people's beliefs myths and lies? I don't believe it is, so none should feel so bold as to act as if they are doing anything different than others of the earth. People of all groups preach, and it's just a matter of choosing your side. I believe it's split into two rather than many, myself. Those for the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit by their belief and faith in the Son sacrifice for our sins, and His resurrection form the dead unto our salvation, and those against all He stands for. Righteous and unrighteous but I'm sure others have their views.

When you believe you know the truth, have the answers, see the light, I think many have a want to share and call out others on where they believe they are wrong. Some are more forceful than others, but we can help who we hang around, for the most part that we don't have to always deal with negative people who see you negatively no matter what you do.

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Buddhism does not have a god(s). It does not go there, it doe not have spirits as we know them. It's always interesting how the teachings of Buddha are lumped in with other religions.

Buddha's teachings are not preached nor are they pushed on any one.
    It's but one way to see, understand the world around us. It's a method of, a window if you will, to what is within you.