Higher Standard Required : Everyone is Welcome Here - Even if Their Opinion is Diametrically Opposed to Yours and Mine

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Everyone is welcome to share here, respectfully, even if their opinion is diametrically opposed to yours, mine, and everyone else found here!

We would not be what we are, if only those that held the same exact opinion of my own were allowed to participate.

I have to let those who think totally different than me, be here. Not only be here, but protect their privilege to share that opinion respectfully ... even though i may think they're krazee, misinformed, and a host of other things.

In fact, i must hear / read their opinion and refrain from sharing my personal opinion of them, for having that opinion. If i'm inclined, i can challenge the opinion ... the content of what they're saying ... but not them personally.

I've done this all of our years ... and you gotta do it too ... if you want to be here.

Just because someone thinks different, does not mean they are violating our rules.

Some lines of thought do violate our rules, and if you think that's happening, report it.

That's all you can do within the confines of our rules.

You can't make the problem bigger by adding to the disruption.

If you do ... you'll be found in violation of the rules ... and they'll be welcome to post.

As always, if you don't like someone, or what they are saying, put them on ignore.

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

If you can't handle opposing opinion respectfully, put those on ignore.

Engage only with folk who think exactly like you.

If you choose to engage those who think different, you'll be held responsible for any disruptions of our peace that ensue as a result of that decision you made.

If you have any questions i'm here.

Destee

Sista Destee, I, and others keep telling you what the problem is but you ain't seeing it. It's the double standard that exist when it comes to name calling. I emphatically stated to you in our other conversations that I can take opposition. You urged me to use the system, I'm kool with that, but when I do, I don't want to be accused of not being able to accept a difference of opinion.

Now I'll share something with you because I think it's important.

When I was a child, and took up for myself, I was called a bully because of my size. When I played by the rules I was called a punk by the very teacher that urged me to tell him if some one was bothering me. That has stuck with me, and this situation is reminiscent of that. I know it's wrong and unfair but that is the deal.

You want me to use the system to report disrespectful posts, I do that and the offender gets a greeting for his offense. While I got a publicly warned and chastised for mine?

Does this seem fair to you?

Peace!

Sista Destee, I, and others keep telling you what the problem is but you ain't seeing it. It's the double standard that exist when it comes to name calling. I emphatically stated to you in our other conversations that I can take opposition. You urged me to use the system, I'm kool with that, but when I do, I don't want to be accused of not being able to accept a difference of opinion.

Now I'll share something with you because I think it's important.

When I was a child, and took up for myself, I was called a bully because of my size. When I played by the rules I was called a punk by the very teacher that urged me to tell him if some one was bothering me. That has stuck with me, and this situation is reminiscent of that. I know it's wrong and unfair but that is the deal.

You want me to use the system to report disrespectful posts, I do that and the offender gets a greeting for his offense. While I got a publicly warned and chastised for mine?

Does this seem fair to you?

Peace!

Brother Enki ... just because you use the system ... does not mean it's going to end like you want.

I don't promise that. No one has that. It's gonna go how i think it should go, and that's what happened.

I promise i'll be as fair as i can ... totally my own decision ... me and the Moderating TEAM.

I'm just not sure what you want ... you want me to change my mind ... do it different ... right now?

That's not gonna happen. I see no decision i need to change, considering all you've said.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back