Black People : Ever Got Beat Up in Your Sleep - Waking to Scratches, Bruises, Black Eyes, etc.?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Have you ever got beat up in your sleep, waking to scratches, bruises, black eyes, etc., on your body?

With no one in the house (claiming responsibility).

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    I have had a few of those scratches on the back of my neck, and many of them crossing each other. Not deep, but enough to feel them.

*shrug

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Bruises and black eyes? No. Scratches, yes. I thought it was my own doing, but after having cut my nails down, I realized it had to be something else. Plus, some were in too awkward positions to have been done by me.

4. Soul Coach Makeda

Soul Coach Makeda New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes. Scratches and sometimes punctures. Three point punctures like a snake bite. HMMM?

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Oh My Gosh ... thanks so much yall for responding ... i thot i was the only one ... :injured:

it's just been scratches ... not a bruise, black eye, or puncture marks yet ... but oh my gosh ... i find it so alarming!

it hasn't always been this way for me ... just the past few months i think ... and i can't believe i'm doing this to myself without even knowing !!! ... :eeek:

yall seem pretty calm about it though ... whew ... kinda calms me some ... but what da hizzle?!!! ... :eeek:

that's krazee ... we're krazee yall ... if we're injuring our own self ... :lol:

oh gosh ... oh gosh ... thank yall for being in it with me ... jeez!

what we could use this for though ... is if we have to kill our significant other ... we could say it happened in our sleep ?? ... :nails: ... :lol:

just kidding ... :wink:

Thanks a Bunch ... tell me more ... i'm intrigued!

:heart:

Destee

6. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Haha, no, not the only one.

At first, I wasn't calm at all, and was quite disturbed that I didn't know where the scratches were coming from. Sometimes it'd be these long, deep scratches going down my back, or smaller ones on my leg or something.

I understand that since the days of slavery, where our ancestors were constantly beaten and broken down, and often disturbed out of their rest to be used for sex and other violations to their bodies, there have just been some things that plague us more than others, especially as we sleep.

It's like generations of breaking us down has made us more susceptible to "things" beyond this world getting to us, and doing us harm.

I know that some even believed it was old slave masters still trying to control their "property", as I remember seeing a show that spoke on this. Someone was visiting a plantation, and was resting in one of the old bedrooms of this plantation, when they saw a ghost like person, who resembled an old mistress of the house, over their bed, who then began to choke them. They then saw another ghost like figure who looked like they were once a slave, shackles on their wrists, chase that same harmful one off.

I, myself, don't actually believe people can interact after they've died, ghost form or not, so I believe them to be something else though they take the form of people, but clearly, there's been a lot of talk and questions concerning why these things happen to blacks more often than any other group.

However, so long as you're not exorcist wopping, like shown below, I wouldn't be too worried about going to sleep and things happening beyond your knowledge.

For me the scratches have since stopped. :D

7. ComUnity Uplifter

ComUnity Uplifter Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    It happens to me a lot, and like some of the others said, they are in place that are almost impossible for me to reach, and I'm the only one in my apartment and the only one with a key...worried...I just think of it like the matrix, when your sleep if it happens in the dream it reflects on your body.

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    image.gif

9. ComUnity Uplifter

ComUnity Uplifter Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    That would explain it if i had any pets lol....and if I do have any they were not invited in and I have a whole other issue to worry about

10. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317