African American History Culture : Events mark Emmett Till slaying 60 years later

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

RIP Emmett ... Aug. 28, 1955

Events mark Emmett Till slaying 60 years later

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Sixty years after a black Chicago teenager was killed for whistling at a white woman in Mississippi, relatives and civil rights activists are holding church services and movie screenings to remember Emmett Till.

They're also trying to continue the legacy of his late mother, Mamie Till Mobley, who worked with young people and encouraged them to challenge injustice in their everyday lives. It's a message that Deborah Watts, a distant cousin of Till's, sees as relevant amid the killings in recent years of young black men such as Trayvon Martin in Florida and Tamir Rice in Ohio ...

2ef3bcd67a895226800f6a7067004e32.jpg

Deborah Watts of Minneapolis, sits in a Jackson, Miss., hotel Thursday, Aug. 27, 2015 and speaks about events in Mississippi and Illinois this week that commemorate the 60th anniversary of the slaying of her cousin, Emmett Till, a black 14-year-old from Chicago. He was kidnapped and killed Aug. 28, 1955, and his body was recovered from the Tallahatchie River three days later. An all-white jury acquitted two white men charged in the slaying. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)

http://news.yahoo.com/events-mark-emmett-till-slaying-60-years-later-180651296.html

Xeon

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
A very sad and horrific event in American history. The images of Emmett's grotesque and mutilated body by white southern racists are seared into American history. His demise was made public (thank God!). Sadly, there were thousands of other blacks who were tortured and murdered while history has remained oblivious to their existence. Now the mass killings come in the form of "black on black crime". A subject that is taboo and makes a mockery of the so-called specious "Black Lives Matter" cacophony.....

314xys6.jpg

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
... Now the mass killings come in the form of "black on black crime". A subject that is taboo and makes a mockery of the so-called specious "Black Lives Matter" cacophony.....

Had a premonition you would twist the subject of Emmett Till to some how point negative fingers at Black folk.

Behind so-called "black on black crime" there will always be various elements of social depression caused by White folk through structural racism ... know this Xeon.

Black Lives Matter has a beautiful ring to me and most Black folk I know.

Xeon

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
"Had a premonition you would twist the subject of Emmett Till to some how point negative fingers at Black folk."

Ummmm....How did I twist it? Did I not acknowledge it was an horrific crime? Did I not say this atrocity is rightfully documented in history? Not sure what you mean....

"Behind so-called "black on black crime" there will always be various elements of social depression caused by White folk through structural racism ... know this Xeon."

Wrong! Has nothing to do with the white folks. Black people have always been poor and oppressed but the level of senseless violence by street coons and thugs is unprecedented. I talked to two friends yesterday at the gym, one is from Newark and the other is from Chicago. Upon returning home for a visit, both were stunned by the level of craven violence in the communities they grew up in. The response: "Bro, it was never that bad when I was growing up! I can't believe it!" Their words -not mine. Don't make spurious excuses for bad personal behavior or a dysfunctional culture.....

"Black Lives Matter has a beautiful ring to me and most Black folk I know".

Really? When does it matter? If the life is lost at the hands of a non-white or regardless who takes the life? Which is it? It seems the sickening hypocrisy applies only to "black victims" and "non-black perpetrators". To me -ALL LIVES MATTER REGARDLESS OF WHO THE PERPETRATOR OR VICTIM IS! I cannot understand how Negroes are smugly willing to look the other way when innocent blacks are being murdered every single day by black thugs while foaming at the mouth and railing about a numerically small number of blacks homicides by non-blacks. Again -All black lives matter regardless of the race of the perpetrator!

Unlike many cretinous Negroes, I don't cherry pick whose life matters and whose life does not! The entire so-called "Black Lives Matter" hysteria is a disingenuous hoax for the reasons I stated.....

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Wrong! Has nothing to do with the white folks. Black people have always been poor and oppressed but the level of senseless violence by street coons and thugs is unprecedented. Really? When does it matter? If the life is lost at the hands of a non-white or regardless who takes the life? Which is it? It seems the sickening hypocrisy applies only to "black victims" and "non-black perpetrators". To me -ALL LIVES MATTER REGARDLESS OF WHO THE PERPETRATOR OR VICTIM IS! I cannot understand how Negroes are smugly willing to look the other way when innocent blacks are being murdered every single day by black thugs while foaming at the mouth and railing about a numerically small number of blacks homicides by non-blacks. Again -All black lives matter regardless of the race of the perpetrator!

Unlike many cretinous Negroes, I don't cherry pick whose life matters and whose life does not! The entire so-called "Black Lives Matter" hysteria is a disingenuous hoax for the reasons I stated.....

Very typical for a non-black to over-use the term, Negroe(s). Also its typical for non-blacks to replace Black Lives Matter with All Lives Matter.

"I cannot understand how Negroes are smugly willing to look the other way"

"Unlike many cretinous Negroes, I don't cherry pick whose life matters"

According to you and others, we can't even have our own movement without a white privilege narrative seeking to change the name :facepalm: ... so typical of racism white supremacy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Health and Wellness : The Steve Fund YOUNG, GIFTED & @RISK (YGAR) SERIES UPCOMING EVENTS Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Activists get permit for 'Baby Trump' balloon at July 4th events on National Mall Black Entertainment 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 'Black Lives Matter' protesters halt Sanders, O’Malley events Black People Politics 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Role of basilides in the events of 69AD AACOOLDRE 0
W Black People Politics : Why do the illuminati purposely expose themselves via clues found in media and false flag events? Black People Politics 14
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : events that lead up to the civil war AACOOLDRE 1
Feather Black Sports : Boycott College Sports Events and Broadcasts? Black Sports 3
Ankhur Black Events : KWANZAA events this weekend, at the Apollo, and Museum of Natural History, NYC Black Events 0
A Black Education / Schools : Week of FREE Events & Classes at www. abibitumikasa .com Black Education / Schools 1
M Black Spirituality Religion : Nekhebet and Uatchet and the Mathematical structure of natural events Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana@50 Events Ghana 0
D Black People : Letting the citizens of Indiana to come STRAP at cultural events Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Are Black Folks Thoughts Irrevelvant When It Come to World Events Chief Elder Osiris 3
C Black Events : Chicago Events Black Events 14
C Black Poetry : Series of Serious Events Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
L Black Events : atlanta events? Black Events 2
E Current Events Black Children 0
Bluewater Black People : Current Events Civil Rights Black People Open Forum 0
A Black Events : Poetry Events Black Events 0
D Black Authors : Marguerite Press Literary Events Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Heartbeat Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Day's Events, Part IV Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Heartbeat Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Day's Events, Part III Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Heartbeat Black Poetry : The Day's Events, Part II Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Heartbeat Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Day's Events, Part 1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Fine1952 Science and Technology : !Mark Of The Chip "Ain't" The Beast! Science and Technology 0
R Black Poetry : many times a plenty rhmesdon't hit the mark and onlinehe git to start over, go to schoolsit on a low stool at the bar coolorder a small meal and i Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Reparations mark new front for US colleges tied to slavery Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Atlantic slavery left its mark not just in wealthy city centres, but among the rural poor too African American History Culture 0
T African American History Culture : Blood, Feces, Milk & Mark Twain African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Where Billy Graham 'missed the mark' Christian Study Group 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg's Russia Problems is Bigger than Facebook Science and Technology 227
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Mark Zuckerberg Hates Black People Black People Open Forum 21
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : African libation practices in the Gospel of Mark Christian Study Group 0
ceebee Science and Technology : Mark Zuckerberg posts "The New Jim Crow" to his timeline - Oct 13th Science and Technology 6
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack Black Entertainment 0
shaka64 Black People : Mark Ciavarella Jr., Pennsylvania Judge, Gets 28 Years In 'Kids For Cash' Case Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Mark Cuban Would Have Let Sterling Keep The Team Black Sports 4
Destee Premium Members Only : Please Mark Adult Threads Accordingly - NSFW - Something That Lets Us Know Before We Click Premium Members Only 16
shaka64 Black Sports : Mark Sanchez out Vick In The Jets make a move Black Sports 5
E Black Spirituality Religion : Mark 13:32; Proving that Jesus is not God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Mark of Cain Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack (HQ) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Black People Politics : These Arguments are a Mark of Our Liberty - (excerpts from Obama 2012 Acceptance Speech) Black People Politics 1
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : The Mark of the New World Orders Chevron Dove 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : MSNBC suspends Mark Halperin for Obama remark Black People Politics 6
Amnat77 Black People : The Censorship Of Mark Twain Black People Open Forum 48
Amnat77 Black People : New African Tales Trailer (MARK OF URU) Black People Open Forum 14
nevar Destee Network : Check out my Mark Eboutique! Destee Network : 4
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : The Mark of the BEAST Omowale Jabali 0
L Black People : Livin' and Dyin' in Mark Sanford Time (Life and Death pt.2) Black People Open Forum 0