Black People Politics : Even God backs Hillary: Morgan Freeman narrates biographical movie for Clinton campaign

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by UBNaturally, Aug 27, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Even God backs Hillary: Morgan Freeman narrates biographical movie for Clinton campaign

Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign went all Hollywood blockbuster with a film narrated by none other than the "voice of God", Morgan Freeman.

Made by "Scandal" producer Shonda Rhimes, the twelve-minute documentary-style biography aired ahead of Mrs Clinton's appearance at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, where she officially accepted her party's nomination for US president.

Read more
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ary-morgan-freeman-narrates-biographical-movi

Excerpts from the series, The Story of God

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
  3. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
  4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Could this be the "field slave vs. house slave" syndrome? Morgan has been praised and is accepted by White people. House slaves had it better than field slaves so house slaves refused to join field slaves in a revolt against massa.

Morgan is successful because they don't see him as threat even though he's a Black man. He's different than the stereotypical Black man that the white man created and fears. Morgan is not a threat because he chooses not to acknowledge that there are racist white people in the US and many of them own and operate the industry that he's been successful in--Hollywood. Not taking anything away from his talent, but couple that with his need not to talk about race; not to make racism an issue; to call what happens to most Black people "nothing" and he will see the world differently than most Black people who struggle every day just to make ends meet and to stay alive.

Or is this something else?

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    The house slave vs. field slave is one thing that could be deeper that what we toss about on the surface. Keep in mind the common denomination of both.

May have to create another thread to really open that up, for others to engage in the complex issue of mental conditioning and master/slave constructs within various forms.

In regards to the last portion, there are some that would say "poor is just a state of mind" in the US of A Inc., when it comes to what one described above.

What would one say to that as well, along side the context of what Freeman espoused?

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Ok...let's explore the "house slave vs. field slave" phenomenon further. I could stand something new from a psycholgical framework as well as socio-political and socio-economic pespective as well.

Hmmmm...yeah, I can see how some would say the "poor" is a state of mind, particularly if you have nothing to compare it to which in the US of A Inc., we do. I remember my mother telling me once when I was a child, we may not have a lot of money but we'll never be poor. We always had food on the table, clean clothes to wear and a roof over our heads. So my mother never thought "poor", she always held her head high as was regarded as such in the community. However, living in poverty in the US of A Inc., is not a state of mind, it describes a state of one's existence in a capitalistic system. You have a definition of it, a picture of it and something tangible you can compare it to.

Freeman . . . I need help with interpreting what he is saying because it made me question his background and experience as a Black man in America. So I looked him up on Wikipedia because it was quick and the first thing that popped up when I Googled him. He's from a household with parents that led a modest lifestyle---mother was a teacher, father was a barber. He seemed to know at a young age that he liked acting and pursued it as a career. His family and background is rooted in the deep south, but he also lived a while in Chicago. It says this about his ancestry:

"In 2008 the TV series African American Lives 2 revealed that some of Freeman's great-great-grandparents were slaves who migrated from North Carolina to Mississippi. Freeman discovered that his Caucasian maternal great-great-grandfather had lived with, and was buried beside, Freeman's African-American great-great-grandmother (in the segregated South, the two could not marry legally at the time).[5] A DNA test on the series stated that he is descended in part from the Songhai and Tuareg peoples of Niger."

Not much different than for many of us, right? But he's got this eclectic way of thinking that I'm not sure I understand based on his comments in the video. We're all formed by our experiences. How can he say to stop talking about race and there won't be any racial issues? What is he saying? Am I over-thinking this?:thinking:

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Without exploring it too much, because this content can become disrespectful to many of our ancestors by analyzing too critically on the back of their memories.

House - This was not a symbol of success, but of acceptance
    Field - This was a symbol of rejection, in the context of Mr. Charlie and Miss Ann

If someone was up for consideration of being inside the house, it was because they were chosen, not necessarily that they asked or attempted to put on a show for their acceptance.

Where as when those relegated to outside work instead of inside work, saw this as a slight upon them and held a conflict of both hope and resentment.

Hope that they would be chosen next, and resentment that they had not been chosen.
    This is what created the crabs in the barrel and hateful nature within out ancestors that transferred into many of us now when it comes to favoritism or envy.

What is the envy of?

The freedom from an oppressive condition, and not offering to put a plate of the "good food" out for the field laborers. This can be seen in how we question "black" celebrities efforts to "give back" to our communities.

This is not a new paradigm, as all forms of government that have no real social program to sustain impoverish overworked and underappreciated people, will always create envy/resentment from those that have either been chosen or found a way to get out of the field.

With Freeman, his comment about not discussing "racism" is more akin to those that don't see themselves as being poor, though in the context of poverty and a "cost of living", the struggle is real. Context within any prism will change the color or hue of what one is seeing.

If one appears to see or look for racism in everything, one will essentially see racism in everything.

Conversely, if one desires to accept the racism for what it is (a mental illness) and ignore the artifacts and relics of the paradigm that is beholden to elements of colorism and white superiority complexes, then one will be able to side step it much the same way one would side step a spider that could be poisonous.

One doesn't have to kill it, one doesn't have to acknowledge its existence, one just has to find a way to make sure it doesn't bite you, and if it does, have a antibiotic confidently prepared that can be used.

This eliminates the fear of the spider (racism), while still recognizing the presence and existence of it.

Notice... it eliminates "the fear" or the power that the fear can hold over someone.

This is not addressing the personal affliction of racism that one has, but the constructed system that is used to bring about fear and depression of targeted groups.

The term "white supremacy" is only made valid when the psychological effect of the repetitious use converts a free minded person back into a self proclaimed slave.

What Freeman is proclaiming in a more subtle way is, he will never be subjugated to being a self-proclaimed "slave", whether a field, house, or mental slave. Because as soon as one accepts it mentally...

But just don't be foolish and start playing with or being around poisonous spiders and snakes.

Just my take

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This secret club?

[​IMG]
    https://libraryroadtrip.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/yazoo-city-and-the-mississippi-delta/img_6177

[​IMG]
    This photo of Ground Zero Blues Club is courtesy of TripAdvisor
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Locatio...d_Zero_Blues_Club-Clarksdale_Mississippi.html

Shacked Up: Clarksdale, MS

The state of Mississippi collectively calls itself the birthplace of American music, and various towns seem to compete over where exactly delta blues originated.

Clarksdale, which has seen legends like Son House, Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters either born there or living there. It’s home to Ground Zero, a blues club co-owned by Morgan Freeman, named after the town being regarded as “ground zero” for the blues.

upload_2016-8-31_8-5-10.png

Source

https://breakingboyd.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/clarksdale

http://www.visitthedelta.com/attractions/details.aspx?id=2548

http://www.groundzerobluesclub.com
    http://www.groundzerobluesclub.com/#!aboutus/c2414

Or another secret club?

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This was in 2014 before the Benghazi hearings...

The second episode after the pilot...

10. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Was that the secret little club one was referring to, or was there another?