Black People : Evangelist Group Predicts End of World is May 21, 2011

PHOENIX - Perhaps you've noticed them while driving around -- billboards proclaiming that the end of the world is coming.

According to one Christian radio group, judgment day is Saturday, May 21, 2011.

A family radio ministry based in California has spent a lot of money on pamphlets and billboards in cities like Phoenix, proclaiming that May 21, a week from Saturday, is the Day of Judgment when God will come and destroy the world.

The message that the end is near has gotten more commercialized.

Pastor Tim Griffin of Grand Canyon University says he has seen many of these end of days proclamations through the years and he says they are usually tied to world events.

"It's kind of connected to the financial challenges the global economy is going through, or on the heels of tragedy like tornadoes or tsunamis or whatever these kinds of topics surge," says Pastor Tim Griffin.

We've certainly had an eventful year of tragedies. We took to the streets to see what people thought.

"I think it's crazy I kind of hope they're right cuz I haven't paid my taxes yet it would be better for me," chuckles Phoenix resident Dave Gephart.

"If its judgment day it's nothing to prepare for honestly it's a come as you are kind of thing," says Sierra Lidbloom.

Reyad Malley says, "Its propaganda to stir up some stuff I don't believe in the last day only God knows the last day."

"I don't know about May 21st but its coming very soon most of the signs have already come to pass it, you read your Bible," says Tera Moore.

This man laments the thousands spent on the campaign, saying it could have been used elsewhere.

"Alabama, Mississippi flooding, tornadoes, all these people could use the help, they spend thousands one billboard in Phoenix is $3,000 a month.

Project Caravan runs a local radio station here, but it's not manned. They didn't return our calls today, but we know these billboards are up in markets all around the country.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/faith/evangelist-group-predicts-end-of-world-5-9-2011

I thought the bible said no man knows the time when the end will come yet these people proclaim to have the answer even though they've read from the same bible - interesting.

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

Peace and Blessings

I thought the bible said no man knows the time when the end will come yet these people proclaim to have the answer even though they've read from the same bible - interesting.

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

Peace and Blessings

It does say that....but there's always someone out there who wants to be a know-it-all and act like they figured out the "meaning of life" or what have you....And that comes with most things in life :em3700:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back