Black People : Evangelist Group Predicts End of World is May 21, 2011

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Amnat77, May 13, 2011.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    PHOENIX - Perhaps you've noticed them while driving around -- billboards proclaiming that the end of the world is coming.

According to one Christian radio group, judgment day is Saturday, May 21, 2011.

A family radio ministry based in California has spent a lot of money on pamphlets and billboards in cities like Phoenix, proclaiming that May 21, a week from Saturday, is the Day of Judgment when God will come and destroy the world.

The message that the end is near has gotten more commercialized.

Pastor Tim Griffin of Grand Canyon University says he has seen many of these end of days proclamations through the years and he says they are usually tied to world events.

"It's kind of connected to the financial challenges the global economy is going through, or on the heels of tragedy like tornadoes or tsunamis or whatever these kinds of topics surge," says Pastor Tim Griffin.

We've certainly had an eventful year of tragedies. We took to the streets to see what people thought.

"I think it's crazy I kind of hope they're right cuz I haven't paid my taxes yet it would be better for me," chuckles Phoenix resident Dave Gephart.

"If its judgment day it's nothing to prepare for honestly it's a come as you are kind of thing," says Sierra Lidbloom.

Reyad Malley says, "Its propaganda to stir up some stuff I don't believe in the last day only God knows the last day."

"I don't know about May 21st but its coming very soon most of the signs have already come to pass it, you read your Bible," says Tera Moore.

This man laments the thousands spent on the campaign, saying it could have been used elsewhere.

"Alabama, Mississippi flooding, tornadoes, all these people could use the help, they spend thousands one billboard in Phoenix is $3,000 a month.

Project Caravan runs a local radio station here, but it's not manned. They didn't return our calls today, but we know these billboards are up in markets all around the country.
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/faith/evangelist-group-predicts-end-of-world-5-9-2011

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Again?

3. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    It's a week from now..maybe that's why the Cicadas are suddenly attacking you all in the US.. cicadas=locusts?:danger:

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    yeah, I was in New England last April 2011, and one of them handed me a flyer about this prediction. I read it, but it doesn't seem to have any Biblical basis at all concerning how he, the author, went about determining this date. White people had money, therefore they can spend a lot of money putting out their views...of which again, goes against the history of what the Bible presents. Jesus came and walked amongst the poor and his own people, so if anyone is going to get the truth, it will definitely not be white people...they already separated from Jesus, and the Bible also shows us that it is about the government, not just some movement under the government that is afraid to confront the government on issues of human rights violations.

5. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    That would explain last year then. That's when the cicadas got us. Maybe the world ended for us then, but for them this year. It's coming in batches I guess.

6. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Cicadas re-emerge after 13-year absence

Cicadas return after 13 years: A newly molted cicada dries out on a Hawthorne bush in Macon, Ga. The 13-year cicadas are revving up across Georgia for the first time since 1998.
    If you live in the South, you already know the cicadas are back. The red-eyed, noisy insects found in southern states emerge only once every 13 years, and the last time they caused their ruckus was in 1998. That means it's time for the 120-decibel chirping again.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0511/Cicadas-re-emerge-after-13-year-absence

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

.......Amazing, preying upon the weak and taking advantage of folk: ...Such faith and concern drove her and nine others, all loyal listeners of the Christian broadcasting ministry Family Radio, to join the radio station's first "Project Caravan" team.

Road trip to the end of the world

If you thought you had less than three perfectly healthy months to live, what would you do? Would you travel? Spend time with loved ones? Appreciate the joy life has given you?

Or would you ditch your kids and grand kids, join strangers in a caravan of RVs and travel the country warning people about the end of the world?

If you're Sheila Jonas, that's exactly what you'd do.

"This is so serious, I can't believe I'm here," says Jonas, who's been on the road since fall. Like her cohorts, she's "in it 'til the end," which she believes is coming in May...They walked away from work, families and communities in places as far-flung as California, Kansas, Utah and New Jersey. Among them are an electrician, a TV satellite dish installer, a former chef, an international IT consultant and a man who had worked with the developmentally disabled.

They gave away cars, pets, music collections and more to relatives, friends and neighbors. Some items they kicked to the curb. In homes that weren't emptied, clothes are still hanging in closets, and dishes, books and furniture -- including one man's antique collection -- are gathering dust. Unless, of course, they've been claimed by others. If you believe it's all going to be over soon, why would it matter if you close the front door, much less lock it, when you walk away?

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-06/living/judgment.day.caravan_1_rvs-dish-world-ends?_s=PM:LIVING

King James Bible
    But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Matthew 24:36

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

.......Besides: Don't Worry!

9. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    It's not going to End any time soon. I'm not sure why people need this kind of attention. It's not like we don't have much on our plates. :10800:

10. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Not to mention the skin they shed, still clinging to the trees in my yard, and my kids bringing them into the house like they're toys.