Health and Wellness : Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Some people believe that euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide should be a right given to terminally ill people, That it is their right to relieive themselves of their suffering in an expedient, dignified, and compassionate way.

However, others feel that euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide contradicts the Hippocratic Oath, the moral responsibility of doctors to keep patients alive. They believe euthanasia is akin to murder. Moreover, they believe that legalized euthanasia will disproportionately affect poor and disabled people. And, Insurance companies would eagerly rush to to end their lives out of greed, just to make more money.

Where do you stand on euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide?

i support it...

I'm stuck in the middle. We lost my Mom this past June. She was in the Bobbi Kristina state for almost 3 years. They had resuscitated her. She suffered a lot... I mean a whole lot. But, we had not discusses what she would have wanted in advance. So, after the heart attack, stroke, dialysis, mental disorientation, not recognizing anyone, or communicating for 3 years, we took her off life support. A tough decision.

I have learned to let everyone know while I am healthy, what I would want. I value quality of life over quantity of life. I say if I am in a vegetative state for one year, take me off of life support, and don't feel any guilt. But, give me one year. I feel confident that I have lived a decent life, so I am not afraid of whatever comes next.

The problem I have with PAS is that when someone is suffering in what could be their last days, months, years... I don't think that is the time for them to make heavy decisions. I think those decisions should be made when they are not in an emotional state, when they are thinking most clearly.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back