Omowale Jabali : Eurocentricity and the Rape of Black Native Cultures

The criticism that i posted does not necessarily negate his work. The problem here is that there is probably more speculation in this area than evidence.

Unless of course you are of the belief that Black people had no contact with the peoples of Amexem earlier than the Norsemen.

I'd have to agree with the first part. However, the footnotes lead out to a bit more information that point out why this work is a bit suspicious.

It's entirely possible that there could've been African contact in the New World, however there needs to be some evidence to back it up. Not just some speculation.

Over the years I've seen some of the same lines of speculation, and there seems to have been little progress made for a number of decades now. It's left me wondering about the motivations of some of these discussions and lines of thought.

Here is my question:

How exactly have Van Sertima and others usurped and denigrated the contributions of Native Americans to world civilization, when there is evidence of an African presence among Native populations "Pre-Columbus"?

The fact that we even refer to a period of time relative to Native history and culture as "Pre-Columbian" is in itself proof of Eurocentric, cultural imperialism.

There are some really desperate White people who claim that nordic Vikings discovered America before the Natives. Whiteys and their nordic worship....:lol:
As if Leif Erikson and the white Vikings were the first and only se faring peoples to reach Amexem.

vikingmap.png

Here is my question:

How exactly have Van Sertima and others usurped and denigrated the contributions of Native Americans to world civilization, when there is evidence of an African presence among Native populations "Pre-Columbus"?

The fact that we even refer to a period of time relative to Native history and culture as "Pre-Columbian" is in itself proof of Eurocentric, cultural imperialism.

For decades people referred to specific time periods as "Before Christ". This particular label seems to say that we're talking about a time before Columbus went on a boat ride.

Do we have any good evidence? I don't mean the pyramids which actually differ quite a lot in construction, purpose, and placement. I don't mean the depictions of people left behind by Olmecs that we're all assuming were supposed to be true to life realism. Do we have anything that supports the claim of numerous linguistic relationships that, not surprisingly, target a very small subject of indigenous languages in the area?

A lot of people gripe in these types of conversations on the possibility of contact between the two sides of the world, but as it stands currently: Vikings have the solid case. This doesn't say that it's impossible for any other group to do it, but there needs to be some evidence.

Has there been any progress all these years?

A history of White washing racism isn't rectified by simply making a Black version of it.

I'd have to agree with the first part. However, the footnotes lead out to a bit more information that point out why this work is a bit suspicious.

It's entirely possible that there could've been African contact in the New World, however there needs to be some evidence to back it up. Not just some speculation.

Over the years I've seen some of the same lines of speculation, and there seems to have been little progress made for a number of decades now. It's left me wondering about the motivations of some of these discussions and lines of thought.
There is evidence and it has been posted here and is available if one is open minded to seek it out. The problem is a white christian bias which seeks to erase not only the African, but the Islamic presence of which there is more than enough evidence. Which is why I said the Olmec is only a reference point.

There are others.

I have posted the following link several times this week. It is not "Black Muslim" or "Afrocentric" site. It is representative of one of many groups which make up the Turtle Island Nations.

http://turtleisland.muslims.tripod.com/

This is the main group

http://www.unitednationsofturtleisland.com/Front_Page.html

This is the Black Turtle Nation

http://www.riseagain.info/blackturtle.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back