Black People : Ethics Test...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Aqil, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line:

You are in Florida, Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you, caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of Biblical proportions. You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster.

The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer...somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under...forever. You have two options - you can save the life of G.W. Bush or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer-Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high-contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

I don't which type of film I would choose, but I'd be sure to let him know that the name of the storm is JUSTICE...........

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Classic B/W. brother Aqil(Haaaaaaa-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!) Funny freakin' question, brother! (*LMAO!)

Clearly, under such life-threatning situations, The Creator has given us all a built-in call-and-response system, and that system tells us to save our own hides before we save anyone elses... The one exception is where children, babies, the elderly, and infirm are involved... Would I save my ex-wife, now??? Probably would, because I still like her despite all the pain in the *** I caused her(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have to agree.. classic b&w.. with 3x the zoom.. so i can see those wrinkles in his forehead.. as he goes under.. and when the pics published.. id put a pic of the guy from MAD (his twin) t.v beside it... just to show you dont have to be a cartoon to make an *** out of yourself in front of millions of viewers. R.I.P....

5. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, man, I can't believe you came up with this!

I'd save his life without a second thought. I don't care for the man and wish he'd never been voted into office, but that's the kind of person I am. I know it wouldn't have occurred to me to allow him to drown because it would've been one of those spur of the moment actions. Knowing myself I would've thought about it later, thinking I should've let him go. But this picture? They would've probably had me on death row so quick - "Well, why did you take a picture instead of saving the President?" I'd probably been lynched!

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    F8 @ 125/sec

this needs to be updated.
    we all shoot digital now.
    film is dead.

7. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  8. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    wELL.. JAMES.. IF WE GOIN DIGITAL.. IMMA USE THE SUNSET TINT.. ANTIQUED IT A BIT.. CAUSE ITS GOIN DOWN IN HISTOREEE!

9. JaDo

JaDo Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i heard this joke before but its always worth repeting. digital LOL

10. caramelpython

caramelpython Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +42
    DIGITAL.......... :picture: