Ethel Mae Gordon

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by Destee, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee STAFF

United States
    Jan 22, 2001
    +9,514 / -14
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Ethel Mae Gordon was an only child, yet the Mother of many!

I'm creating this thread as a place-holder for more information about her, including a picture!

Thanking God right now, for our Beloved Ancestor, Ethel Mae Gordon ... :bowdown: :bowdown:

May she FOREVER live in our thoughts and guide our path from above!

2. ClarKint

ClarKint Member MEMBER

May 6, 2002
    +4 / -0
    Ethel Mae Gordon - My Mother

Ethel Mae Gordon is a driving force in my life. She lives through me and I her.

My mother, Ethel Mae Gordon, who was married to my father, Clay J. August, Jr., had her first child at 13 years old. She went on to have 5 more children. She gave birth to her last child on March 22, 1957 at the tender age of 23 and died very soon therafter.

I am 27 years older than my mother. You see, my birth date is March 22, 1957. The storyI I tell myself is that this woman who is an ONLY child, was put on this earth for one reason and one reason only. And that is to give life to 6 people. Far bei it for me to take that for granted. So, when i graduated from college at the age 0f 34, the diploma may have well said, Ethel Mae Gordon. It gives me great reward because I know this is something that she could never phathom and am absolutely certain on that day, that I was her and she was me. We are one.

So, she lives through me, and I ensure that her life and death will NEVER be in vain.

There is ONE existing picture of my mother (Ethel Mae Gordon). I have promised for years to get it copied so that all of her children and grandchildren may have one. I did that with help from Destee this year. I started an annual New Year's Eve Family appreciation slumber party last year. Because I live about 50 miles away from all of the rest of my siblings is why the slumber. So, we fellowship with family and friends, reflect and appreicate each other, those here in body and those here in spirit.

This year we honored Ethel Mae Gordon and I gave out the framed copies of the picture.

So, I told Destee I would share here. This is the beggining. Thanks for reading this. The picture will be here soon.

RJ August
    aka Clarkint