Black People : Establishing Black Nations

omowalejabali said:
I understand your sentiment concerning INTRA-FAMILIAL CONFLICT and believe everything concerning NATION BUILDING entails extensive Political Education, family counseling and SPECIAL "re-education".

I present you to just one example of a program geared towards this "re-education". It is the theory and practice of SERVICE-LEARNING.

http://www.smc.edu/servicelearning/facultyresources/assignment.htm

Thanks. I will certainly check this out. We have such a wealth of knowledge here!!

there are many black nations in Africa.
no one wants to live there, why?
tyrants, corruption and such all result from bad mindsets.
the good news is that minds can be changed by education.
we need to be about reeducating ourselves such that the next generation does not make the mistakes that we have made.

Excellent thoughts.

It is my personal belief that everything we need to accomplish can be done right here in America with a network to Africa and the Carribbean. So I agree with many of Pan's points about establishing economic independence in every area of life; hospitals, utility companies, etc. This really is important for building any type of infrastructure.

I also agree with Om's point about buying land and Riada's point on resolving family conflict.

However, there are still some mindsets that believe that establishing a separate nation is necessary. And I can understand the perspective (even if I don't agree with it entirely), because would it be possible to build infrastructures without absolutely any reliance on non-black sources with the current state of the black economy in America and Africa? Even if we got everything together economically, we still woudl have to contend with the government, which is not directly in our control. And even in Africa there are governments that are either corrupt (as James pointed out) and/or under white or Arab domination in some form. So with a 'new' nation, at least people would get a chance to start fresh; create and control their own laws without outside interference.

It is also important to remember that a 'new' nation would hopefully bring together mindsets that were already 'progressive', and willing to see the importance of uniting regardless of various differences, especially ethnic wise. With other approaches, additional work might have to be done to get rid of biases that could prevent people from building.

Riada said:
Thanks. I will certainly check this out. We have such a wealth of knowledge here!!

This link is an example of how SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS can be linked to Community Service at the local level involving Black college/university students and Black community-oriented service agencies. This link gives a brief description of the department I was affiliated with as a graduate student and a project I founded, the AFRICAN EDUCATION PROJECT.

http://www.ucop.edu/sas/student_affairs_and_services/community_service_los_angeles.htm

omowalejabali said:
This link is an example of how SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS can be linked to Community Service at the local level involving Black college/university students and Black community-oriented service agencies. This link gives a brief description of the department I was affiliated with as a graduate student and a project I founded, the AFRICAN EDUCATION PROJECT.

http://www.ucop.edu/sas/student_affairs_and_services/community_service_los_angeles.htm

It's GREAT to get all of this information and I hope that all who are serious about actually building a Black nation are reading it. As you and James are saying, we need to re-educate ourselves which to me translates into re-program ourselves.

I think African culture has many wonderful aspects, but the bad thing about any old culture is that it is resistant to new ideas, creativity or change. That can be seen as a positive and a negative, but change is necessary for growth and survival.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back