Black Sports : ESPN Classic Channel

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Monetary, May 29, 2005.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Pan,

I know you're loving the ESPN Classic channel. They are showing ALL of Ali's fights. If you have cable, I know you're watching and taping these fights. And your wife must be very understanding of you taking over the TV for the entire weekend. :lol:

2. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I wonder if ESPN Classic has that many fights in their archive because the only fights they ever show are Ali's fights dont they they have a better variety of fights then that? What about fights from the last 10 to 20 years ? There are plenty of great fights from this time period so why not show them?

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    ESPN bought the library of Bill Clayton, which is incredibly large. They own the rights to the majority of fight footage which has occured over the last 100 years. However like brother Oceolo stated, for some reason all they ever show is Ali...Rocky Marciano vs Jersey Joe Walcott/Archie Moore...Ray Robinson vs. Jack Lamotta 6....it is incredibly frustrating!!! Every hardcore boxing fan loves Ali & appreciates the genious of Sugar Ray Robinson, but these guys aren't the only boxers to ever fight. Show some Matheww Saad Muhammed fights...Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Michael Spinks, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Larry Holmes, Earnie Shavers, Dwight Muhammed Qawi, Aaron Pryor, Donald Curry, Pernell Whitaker....stop showing the same fights every month.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Today ESPN switched things up a bit and showed the last 3 fights of Jersey Joe Walcott & Ezzard Charles legendary rivarly. Although the fights were edited, I appreciated seeing a trilogy that I had only read about before.