Omowale Jabali : Esoteric Meaning of Saturn in Egyptian Mythology

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    This post is a response to this thread.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=648428#post648428

In ancient Egyptian cosmology there are several references to what is now referred as the planet (its not a star) Saturn.

This is one.

For the Egyptians Saturn was known as "Heru, the Bull of the Sky" or simply as "Heru the Bull" (Parker 1978.719). The bull was seen as a symbol of royal strength, fortitude, stability, power and virility. Through this symbol stability, the established power of the kingdom, was embodied and maintained. In many respects these are all attributes which we, today, ascribe to Saturn.

http://www.hwt-hrw.com/celestial.php

Another reference to "Saturn" is in relation to Seb.

The equation of the Egyptian Seb (Keb) with the Greek Cronos is not an arbitrary association. Expert Egyptologists and Assyriologists have known for over a hundred years that Seb (Egyptian), Repa (Coptic), Kaiwan (Akkadian), Chiun (Hebrew), Cronos (Greek), and Saturn (Latin) are all names of the same deity. (Budge, 1960; Tyndale, 1962, et al.) Sometimes Seb (Cronos) was associated with a particularly bright "star" in the heavens--known to us as the planet Saturn.

Just a simple goose or a single star could be used to represent Seb (Cronos). In this respect, it is interesting that the Bible only mentions this Seb-Cronos (Chiun-Rephan) in two places: Amos 5:26 and Acts 7:43. In both the figure of a star plays a prominent part (i.e., the "star of your god"). It is gratifying to see this "star" in the Egyptian glyphs as well. Concerning the reference to the star-god Rephan in the Bible, scholars believe it to be "a deliberate substitution of Repa, a name of Seb, the Egyptian god of the planet Saturn." (Tyndale, 1962)

http://www.atlantisquest.com/Hiero.html

In terms of the biblical birth of Jeus and what is commonly observed as Christmas, this is related to the Saturnalia, a pagan festival which is held to commemorate the winter solstice.

The Saturnalia festival has an astronomical character, referring to the completion of the sun’s yearly course, and the commencement of a new cycle. Saturn, from whom we get the word for the day of the week, Saturday, represented by the sun at its lowest aspect at the winter solstice. The earth is cold, most plants are dead, and it was believed that the sun might also be approaching death. Today winter solstice is around December 21, but because of calendar changes, it was originally December 25th. Saturnalia celebrated the sun overcoming the power of winter, with hope of spring when life would be renewed.

http://www.carnaval.com/saturnalia/

This was also associated with the worship of Sol Invictus.

Sol Invicta - Sun God; Feast of Sol Invicta, the Unconquered Sun, set in 274 A. D. (December 25) The dominate cult among Rome's elite during the rise of Christianity. A sophisticated use of archetypal symbols and rites of initiation to effect high moral standards; “temperance, self-control, and compassion -- even in victory”. A early model of Masonry which also has roots in the Egyptian temple system

Concerning Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions.
    http://www.astropro.com/features/tables/geo/ju-sa/ju000sa.html

As far as Mayan Prophecy is concerned relative to the year 2012, the Mayan calendar is applicable to Galactic, not planetary alignment.

GALACTIC ALIGNMENT

Even more rare is a galactic alignment. It occurs only four times in every 25,820 years, or once ever 6000-6500 years. 25,820 years is the length of one precessional cycle. The Mayan calendar entered its final years in August, 1987 at the time of the Harmonic Convergence, and is due to end on the Winter Solstice, 2012. This will mark the end of the current precessional cycle and the beginning of a new one. We are at this time experiencing an awesome galactic alignment which is guiding us toward a new galactic calendar in a New Age.

In this context, the most significant stellar event of the year 2002 was the Sacred Hoop.

THE SACRED HOOP

Creating the galactic alignment, a configuration of stars is visible in the winter and spring evening sky called the “winter hexagon” by many astronomers. This configuration was called the “Sacred Hoop” by the Lakota Sioux and other Plains Indians. Beginning at the top of the hoop, the stars that form the hoop are: Pollux, Castor, Capella, the Pleides, the Hyades, Rigel, Sirius and Procyon. The Ecliptic, which is the plane of our solar system, and the Milky Way are at this time crossing through and intersecting in the middle of the hoop, in effect creating a cross within the circle. On June 21, 2002, the exact placement of the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere (0 degrees Cancer) will fall on this intersection.

The 2002 planetary alignment has taken place within this hoop, with the Moon joining the planets between May 13 and 16. Venus will exit the hoop on June 10, Jupiter and Mars on or near July 4, 2002, followed by Mercury on July 18. Saturn will not exit the hoop until May, 2005.

Notice the placement of Sirius within this alignment.

http://www.thewildrose.net/planetary_alignment_2002.html

http://shamanicastrology.com/astro-news/the-2002-planetary-alignment-in-the-sacred-hoop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Hexagon

2. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Uh huh. The sun is new, the earth is middle age, and the moon is the oldest. The sun will one day become a planet and the earth a moon. The earth was once a sun and the moon a planet. All physicality is "evil" or "demonic", thus explaining our violent world. Animals feast on one another often consuming one another while alive. The most beautiful mountains and islands were all formed from quakes and eruptions that shook violently. Man also bleeds man dry for survival. Truly all matter is "evil" in its nature but none more than man.

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Your link

makes more sense...

OneLove,
    Fine

4. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
  5. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Okay I may be off here a little but I always thought that Hru was in fact Mars but it was Ptah was was Saturn because of the Bull association?

Ptah was known as the Great bull or it was his 'BA' which was Apis that was his essence aka life force - while Heru was known as the Warrior which is Mars -

Like I said I could be wrong - but help me out here.

Nye

Ru2religious

6. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Again correct me if I'm wrong but here are my holy 7 if you will lol...

The Moon: Seshat
    The Sun: Ra
    Mercury: Thoth
    Venus: Sekhmet
    Earth: Geb
    Mars: Heru
    Jupiter: Amun
    Saturn: Apis or Ptah - Apis was the bull aka 'ba' of Ptah which means life forced of the deity.

Some one asked on askbag.com and this is the answer I gave them - because it goes along with Kemetic teaching but then again I could be wrong.

Nye

Ru2religious

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Keep in mind that there were different "cult centers" which were distinct from each other geographically as weel as the differences between various ers (predynastic,dynastic and post-dynastic).

Keep in mind there were/are various forms of "Horus". Horus the Elder. Horus of Behutet. Horus of the Two Horizons (Heru-khuti, etc.) So, you are correct to an extent concerning his association with Mars but that was ONE of many aspects or correlations.

http://burro.astr.cwru.edu/stu/advanced/pre20th_ancients_egyptians.html

Consider the following from the link:

The planets also had astronomical significance: Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn were all associated with Horus, the falcon-headed god of the sky. More specifically, Jupiter was "Horus-who-bounds-the-two-lands," or "Horus-who-lluminates-the-two-lands." Saturn was "Horus-bull-of-the-sky" or "Horus-the-bull," while Mars was "Horus-of-the-horizon" or "Horus-the-red."

Peace!

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother, check again because you listed 8 not 7 and 8 is the number of the Ennead or Neturu. However, keep in mind the 11 associated with the 11 Laws of Ma'at.

This is one of those matters that I dont think we can in this day look at the past to determine what aspects are dominant over the others. Since all relates to self-initiation and self-realization the dominant aspects in your own life are the forces or entities that matter the most (even though I will state that your 8 are close to my own except for the lunar aspect).

Peace!

9. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I can definitely see the logic in this - --

Nye

Ru2religious

10. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    lol - I had to throw the earth in there

Nye

Ru2religious

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saturn in egyptian mythology

2. saturn egypt

3. black people are from saturn

4. egyptian saturn,
  5. egyptian from saturn,
  6. Kemet Sirius saturn,
  7. ancient egyptian ra is jupiter or saturn?