Black Spirituality Religion : Esoteric IslamoEgyptoism

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    No attmept to offend....

Why is esoteric beliefs of an Eastern variety more important than the traditions of the West, Central and South Africans?

We know Eastern Kabbalistic numerology and such stuff, but we know little about the Dikenga wheel, why?

Are we obsessed due to our conditioning in Western society to devalue everything Sub-saharan Africa, while advancing the "higher" civilizations of Egypt, Arabia and Israel?

I need honest answers and not excuses filled with assumptions and dogma.

Blackbird

2. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Honest Answer (Although it is an assumption)

Maybe this big KMT craze will open the way to people becoming more familiar with these other traditions. I think people have a tendency to ride with what is the most popular plus there is so much controversy and lies spread about the African base of ancient KMT it may make one represent in the flavor of historic rebellion. I don't think there is one lumped answer...but I can see how people devalue the accomplishments/efficasy of sub Saharan spiritual systems.

I want to cont. post later on getting caught up in ritual and tradition instead of focusing on the HEART of all of these (Culturally based) spiritual Systems.

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

ONE OF THE REASON IS BECAUSE ALOT OF THEM ARE UNKNOWN OR VERY SECRETIVE.MANY ARE PULL TO THE KMT, OR QABALLAH AND WHAT NOT BECAUSE THE INFO IS THERE.WHICH IN ESSENSE IS NOTHING BUT WATER DOWN STUFF WHICH COME FROM ANCIENT SOCEREY CULTS OF EQUATORIAL AFRICA, ANTARCTICA(GOWANDALAND) AND "ATLANTIS". PEOPLE IN THEIR MINDS SEE MONUMENTS AND OTHER THINGS AND THINK WOW THEY ARE VERY ADVANCED, WHICH IN ESSENCE, IT MAY BE THE OPPOSITE.

4. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Antartica was actually habitable at a time? I knew it!! But foreal though can you speak on that a little or send me a personal message my brother. You be dropping science, where you learn all of this? Initiation?

5. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

YES I HAVE DONE INITIATIONS AND WILL BE DOING THE BANTU/CONGO RITES LATER THIS YEAR. BUT THE WAY THINGS ARE NOW IF YOU ARE OPEN TO CERTAIN ENERGIES, YOU CAN INITIATE YOURSELF. THE WANTING OF NEW INFORMATION IS INITIATION. THE REASON YOU AND YOUR SOUL IS HERE IN THIS PRESENT "TIME" IS INITIATION. MANY TIME WE GET INFO IN OUR MINDS THAT SOUND CRAZY CRAZY OR DONT HAVE "EVIDENCE" TO BACK IT UP, THAT JUST THE "GREAT OLD ONES" SENDING STUFF TO YOU. A GREAT EXERCISE TO DO IS, EVERY TIME YOU GO SOMEWHERE OUTSIDE LOOK AT ALL SYMBOLS YOU COME UPON TO AND LOOK AT THEM MORE IN DEPTH THAN YOU USE TO. LOOK AT THE TARGET SIGN AND SEE THE SYMBOL FOR RA/RE, LOOK AT STARBUCKS AND SEE YEMAYA COMING OUT OF THE WATERS. AS YOU LOOK AT MORE SYMBOLS THEY WILL TALK TO YOU AND GIVE YOU INFORMATION THAT LAY DORMANT IN YOU.

6. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Nsala malecum...

Blackbird

7. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Km.t was my originating point and I value it for what it meant to me. Indeed many of us come into our traditions via Km.t or Islamic backgrounds. My concern is that we know nothing of other parts of Africa and we have a tendency to debase or belittle them because we know nothing about them. Because of our ignorance, we also allow myths or outdated assertions to persist. When I started this journey, I wanted to know about the Ewe people or the Bamileke people or the Lovale people or the Senufo people or the Makua people, as much as I knew about the ancient Km people.

Another reason I say what I say is we do those people a disservice because we assume everything worth anything begun in Km.t and all these African people came from Km.t (which would be a very big place) bringing with them incomplete pictures of the whole.

Blackbird

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

THANKS BLACKBIRD AND I GREET YOUR SPIRIT BY SAYING

NSALA MALEKO MALEKO NSALA ....

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Good quesions. I have long studied various traditions and really have no answers to this one. I dont follow any specific tradition or 'religious' as my own path since childhood has been one of being exposed to every so-called abrahamic faith, including Catholocism while also having been taught African-centered spirituality, notably the African heritage of the Akan, and studied on my own perhaps every single system of spirituality known to African people though I have not really gotten deep into Vodun, Ifa, etc. Thanks to brother Ikhan I started looking more into Zulu cosmology but have not found much about ritual practice, same with the Dogon. I think that the interest in Kmt/Mdu Ntr stems for the most part from the cultural nationalist community from the 60s and 70s with Kareng's Kawaida theory or what he refers to as Ma'atian philosophy. Since my parents were active in the nationalist community I got exposed early to the teachings of the NOI and the Aquarian Center in Los Angeles which also used to sell many texts by Dr. Ben such as Black Man of the Nile and his writings chiefly inspired my interest in the Nile Valley civilizations where, with the exception of the Akan, I just did not really look into the others.

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thanks for your input, kotomaa (elder brother),

My reason for concern is I think sometimes we are so conditioned by Western ideology that we place more value on Egyptian, Saracen and Judeo exotica at the detriment of other indigenous African systems. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to separate, and I would be the last one to separate, Km.t from the African cultural milieu. Never that, but I think we can get so obsessed with Km.t and not know anything else.

Everybody wants to be "Moorish" instead of Shona. Everybody wants to holler "Mecca" instead of Ile-Ife. Everybody speaks about Ausar (Wsr) more than you hear Obatala. Yemaya is only relevant as she compares to Auset and that's just to show the Km.t connection to "lesser" sub-Saharan belief systems.

Many of us don't know and even less don't believe that mummification started outside of Km.t. It doesn't fit our neat little box that Ethiopia (Nubia, Kush or whatever you want to call it) was the feeder nation for Km.t and then at some point a mass emigration occur out of Km.t westward and southward to populate the rest of Africa with bits and pieces of esoteric sciences. It becomes dogma for us and anything else is heretical, equivalent to blasphemy and treason, prompting you to get your conscious Black person's card revoked.

Km.t and its study has been and still is in vogue among so-called conscious minded Black folks and everything else is secondary or meaningless. The highlight is it appears we have yet to honestly and subconsciously deal with Africa, as a whole, on her own terms. We parade around with our Ankhs and Maat philosophy and could give a rat's a@@ about the backward bush bunnies in Equatorial Africa, unless they are the infamous Twa people. Oh, those Africans, they delve in blood sacrifice and I rather talk about the life-force in conversation while thumbing the pages of my all-purpose Black scholars sanitized book. Let me break that down to y'all on a philosophical level and not an experiential one. Y'all know a brother can't get his hands dirty, I'm too cool for that.

But seriously, until we are able to deal with Africa on her own terms, we will always be where we are. If we can't appreciate the African knowledge systems for what they are as opposed to how they relate with Km.t, then we are not as conscious as we think we are. One doesn't have to give up anything, but we owe it to ourselves, our ancestors and our future generations to be more balanced in our understanding of the continent we love so dearly. Africa did not start with Egypt and she **** sho didn't end with it. If you believe contrarily, then I surmise you are not African, you are Egyptian.

Blackbird (urging my nfumbe to work for our people)