Black Entertainment : Esosa E., Tim Reid Board Nosa Igbinedion's Rio de Janeiro-Set 'Rise of the Orisha'

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
esosa-e.jpg

A year ago, British filmmaker Nosa Igbinedion's completed short film "Oya: Rise of the Orishas" was featured on this blog. Long-time readers will recall that it's a project we had been following for about 2 years prior, since the filmmaker took to crowdfunding to raise money to complete it.

A welcomed project that digs into the pantheon of Orishas as inspiration for a superhero-style picture, the short film resurrects mythical deities from African folklore into modern-day superheroes. I've previously said that any one, or any few of the Orishas would make for great fodder for a feature film - whether a literal translation, or (getting creative) as superheroes, especially as Hollywood seems to be superhero movie happy right now. The time is right for a filmmaker to take something like this on! And here is one filmmaker doing just that (there, of course, might be others I don't know about). And the pantheon of Orishas is deep! Eshu, Obatala, Ogun, Oshun, Shango, and countless others - each with their own individual powers and responsibilities - a perfect set up for any filmmaker to get creative with. A nice chunk of the work is already done! You'll find Orisha lineages throughout the African Diaspora.

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...io-de-janeiro-set-rise-of-the-orisha-20160217

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : He gamble bold and handle and hold card decks and at bars wreck glasses of wine and this passes tim Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Tim Hardaway says he's not in the Hall of Fame 'because of what I said about gay people' Black Sports 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : TEBOWING: Tim Tebow & Colin Kaepernick~ 2 NFL CHRISTIANS on Their Knees For A Cause Christian Study Group 3
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : ‘Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s’ Miss Robbie suing son Tim Black Money Business Jobs 0
Liberty Black People Politics : (FWIW) How is Tim Kaine on African American Issues? Those Who Know Him Speak Black People Politics 11
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : tim duncan retires...... Black Sports 0
skuderjaymes Black Men : "The Effects Of Fatherlessness On The African American Family", Lecture by Tim Alexander (2hrs) Black Men 20
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Tim Berners-Lee: we need to re-decentralise the web Science and Technology 0
Knowledge Seed Black People : Tim Wise: The Pathology of White Privilege Black People Open Forum 3
Keino Audio Video Web Conferencing : Tim Wise - The Pathology of White Privilege Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Mel & Tim Black Entertainment 2
Amnat77 Black People : Talk - Tim Wise on White Privilege Black People Open Forum 16
Writspirit Black People : Tim Wise on White Priviledge Black People Open Forum 11
naija-man Black Jokes Humor : Your Wife Is My Brother Tim Black Jokes Humor 6
T Black Sports : I need to see Tim Duncan and the Spurs shut Kobe down... Black Sports 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Hard feelings over Players Coalition prompted confrontation between Eric Reid and Malcolm Jenkins Black Sports 5
Destee Black People Politics : Joy Reid Apologizes for 10 Year Old Insensitive LGBT Blog Post(s) Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Destee Famlee Member on The Reid Report - MSNBC OldSoul 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Joy Reid interviews Chicago radio host Harold Rush regarding controversy over building Obama Library Black People Doing Positive Things 15
river Black People : Behind the Harry Reid Thang: We are Missing It Black People Open Forum 7
H Black People Politics : Lightskinned Non Negroe Dialect: Harry Reid on Obama Black People Politics 33