Black People Politics : Eric Holder's Complex Legacy: Voting Rights Advocate, Enemy of Press Freedom, Friend of Wall Street

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
Democracy Now - "Attorney General Eric Holder announced his plan to resign Thursday
after nearly six years as head of the Justice Department. He will remain in office until a
successor is nominated and confirmed. Assessments of Holder’s legacy as attorney
general have been mixed. The NAACP Legal Defense Fund hailed Holder as one of the
finest attorneys general in the nation’s history in part for his role in transforming the
Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department and his leadership on voting rights.
Meanwhile, the American Civil Liberties Union criticized Holder’s record on national
security issues. The ACLU notes that during Holder’s time in office, the Justice
Department approved the drone killing of an American in Yemen, approved the National
Security Agency’s mass surveillance programs, failed to prosecute any Bush
administration officials for torture, and presided over more leak prosecutions than all
previous Justice Departments combined. We speak to Georgetown University professor
Michael Eric Dyson, Robert Weissman of Public Citizen, Leslie Proll of the NAACP Legal
Defense Fund and Baher Azmy of the Center for Constitutional Rights."

Eric Holder was born in the USA. His father emigrated to USA from Barbados many years ago. I am sure there are many positive things you can say about the man. Why focus on negativity. Ray Nagin former Mayor of New Orleans..do you remember his flaw....Why waste time on the negative use your energy and perhaps money to help black folks. I have realised that in recent days your posts have been very negative...Lighten up.

Eric Holder was born in the USA. His father emigrated to USA from Barbados many years ago. I am sure there are many positive things you can say about the man. Why focus on negativity. Ray Nagin former Mayor of New Orleans..do you remember his flaw....Why waste time on the negative use your energy and perhaps money to help black folks. I have realised that in recent days your posts have been very negative...Lighten up.
Surely,
You are free to create a thread laying out what you feel is "positive" about him.

Why not do that?

Bring your ying to my yang.

Besides, didn't you watch the video? Did you not hear m.e. dyson?

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back