Black People : Eric Holder Re-Joins Law Firm Connected to Sub-Prime Crisis That Eroded Black Wealth

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
by Yvette Carnell

Eric Holder’s old law firm kept his office warm while the U.S. Attorney worked his “temp gig” as top
cop, Salon.com reports. Last year, while many African-American armchair hacks were writing
Holder’s magnanimous biography, Holder was buying a condo only feet away from the firm where he
was planning to return. A firm that played a key role in eroding generational black wealth.

Not covered in the interview was Holder’s new & former employer, Covington & Burling, a firm that
can count as clients several banks that Holder refused to prosecute during his time at the Justice
Department.

Instead of getting prosecuted, these “too big to fail” banks, like J.P. Morgan, were given extra-judicial
treatment whereby they paid a fine in secret and without a judge. Holder gave banks the hook-up.
That would be analogous to me robbing a bank and agreeing to pay $1,000 to a prosecutor so he’ll just
let it go. Since I just successfully robbed the bank, I have millions of dollars, and $1,000 in fines is a
mere pittance. As for those folks hurt during my armed robbery? Meh. Collateral damage.

Read more: http://breakingbrown.com/2015/07/er...nnected-sub-prime-crisis-eroded-black-wealth/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back