Black People Politics : Eric Holder: Like the Rest of the Black Political Class – Powerful But Powerless

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
by BAR managing editor Bruce A. Dixon
Nobody showed the hollow opportunism of Eric Holder's individual claim, and the
collective claim of the black political class to be champions of justice, equity and civil
rights more clearly than Rev. Michael Eric Dyson did on a panel discussing the
outgoing Attorney General last Friday's DemocracyNow show. Unleashing his
customary wall of words, the fast talking black preacher praised Holder as the “the
second-most-powerful black person in the history of American politics...” but claimed
that because they're black neither Holder nor the president could ever be reasonably
expected to hold the banks to account for crashing the economy. Sure, he allowed
crooks on Wall Street to get away with stripping trillions in wealth from black families
through predatory loans and illegal foreclosures and get trillions more from the Fed
itself. But those were issues “of the white left”, Dyson declared in his opening
statement less, important to black folks than police brutality, voting rights and just not
being locked up.

Read more: http://www.blackagendareport.com/node/14443

88x31.png
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No ... I'm not mad at you.

You first had a little bit of the article, then you added more ... too much.

Rule #11 - Respect People's Property - Include Only a Snippet and Link

That's what happens when I see folk breaking this rule ... I edit the post ... it aint personal.

But you do seem angry at this Brother or sump'n ... he seems heavy on your mind.

Your thread mentions a black class of folk that are "powerful but powerless".

As if there is a black class of folk ... "powerful and powerful" ... and you're one of 'em.

I just don't understand why you're so mad at the Brother ... what he do to you?

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back