Guinea : Equatorial Guinea asks Angolan military aid to plan succession

omowalejabali said:
Obiang Nguema obviously IS a dictator in the same manner of his predecessor Bokassa.

Obiang Nguema's predecessor was his uncle, Macias Nguema. The same Macias Nguema who murdered or exiled 1/3 of the country's population, which included many members of my wife's family (and my children's ancestors). Jean-Bédel Bokassa was president of the Central African Republic. He might be considered Obiang Nguema's colleague, but he was not his predecessor.

omowalejabali said:
Has the US state department stated that he is NOT a dictator? Obviously, the difference would be the fact that the US supported the Ian Smith regime in Zimbabwe and never has recogized Muagbe's party, ZANU as legitimate, while it has supporte the Nguema government. This is not a moral issue of what is wrong or righ. It's all about POWER relationships and who is most subservient to the interests of US neo-colonialism.

As I stated in my 1st response, the US opinion of Obiang Nguema's administration was so negative, that they closed down their embassy in the country (because of its many human rights violations). At that time Equatorial Guinea was one of the poorest countries in the world, which only resource was cocoa. The embassy was reopened and diplomatic relations renewed not when human rights violations ceased, but when oil was discovered in the country roughly 10 years ago.

This is obviously not about right or wrong, but about power relationships. That is what I've been pointing out. Those who are subservient to the interest of US & European colonialism are supported, while those who aren't (like Mugabe) are renounced. Brother Omowalejabali, you appear to be trying to correct me...but it isn't clear what you are disputing, or what I have said that is incorrect.

panafrica said:
Obiang Nguema's predecessor was his uncle, Macias Nguema. The same Macias Nguema who murdered or exiled 1/3 of the country's population, which included many members of my wife's family (and my children's ancestors). Jean-Bédel Bokassa was president of the Central African Republic. He might be considered Obiang Nguema's colleague, but he was not his predecessor.

As I stated in my 1st response, the US opinion of Obiang Nguema's administration was so negative, that they closed down their embassy in the country (because of its many human rights violations). At that time Equatorial Guinea was one of the poorest countries in the world, which only resource was cocoa. The embassy was reopened and diplomatic relations renewed not when human rights violations ceased, but when oil was discovered in the country roughly 10 years ago.

This is obviously not about right or wrong, but about power relationships. That is what I've been pointing out. Those who are subservient to the interest of US & European colonialism are supported, while those who aren't (like Mugabe) are renounced. Brother Omowalejabali, you appear to be trying to correct me...but it isn't clear what you are disputing, or what I have said that is incorrect.

brother Pan,

I am not trying to dispute anything nor am I trying to correct you. I know by now that appears to be the sole priviledge of "moderators".

I merely was trying to obtain some clarity regarding your questions.

I shall refrain from any other responses to your posts so as to not have my intent confused.

omowalejabali said:
brother Pan,

I am not trying to dispute anything nor am I trying to correct you. I know by now that appears to be the sole priviledge of "moderators".

I merely was trying to obtain some clarity regarding your questions.

I shall refrain from any other responses to your posts so as to not have my intent confused.

Brother Omowalejabali

I don't know what you are getting at with your comment about the "moderators". Since you responded to me, it would appear that it was my intent that was confused, not yours. However, If I have misunderstood you I apologize. I had just as much desire for you to clarify your questions of me, as you had for me to clarify my statements.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back