Black People : Equality Today

Very good link

I visited the above links. Thanks for the posting, Sangofa. And thank you, Destee, for mentioning the second one. That is a valuable resource link, as we never know when someone here may have need to use something of it.

I finally found the section about Media Bias. It was very interesting. I did pick up one thing and it appears to be geared towards or about Afro-Canadians. Does anyone know anything about Afro-Canadians or a link about them. I found a article about them that says that some have both British and African American Ancestry. Does that make them African American as well? :confused:

Sangofa said:
I finally found the section about Media Bias. It was very interesting. I did pick up one thing and it appears to be geared towards or about Afro-Canadians. Does anyone know anything about Afro-Canadians or a link about them. I found a article about them that says that some have both British and African American Ancestry. Does that make them African American as well? :confused:
I am black Canadian. We have black people from all over.

There is African American background here from both immigration over the years and the handfull of blacks that remained in Canada after slavery was abolished. The majority of blacks that came here thru the Underground railroad went back to the US to re-unite with family.

We have large populations of people from and whose background is from the Carribean, and Africa. To we have very few blacks who came from Brittain...that is a false statement. Most of US have African and Carribean Roots. There are blacks from South America and other parts too of course.

We are NOT African American. That is an ethnic term that represents a black person born in and/or living in the US. We have those who call them self black Canadians and those with strong ties to their home country: Jamaican-Canadians, Hatian-Canadians, Ghanaian-Canadians, Brizilian-Canadians etc. There are African-Americans living here....I am guessing they just go by that if they came over as adults and go by "black Canadian" if they came as kids.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back