Black Spirituality Religion : Ephiphany Mornings

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nisa, May 5, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Just an article I found..found it to be beautiful...
    Over the past year, I’ve had plenty of time to meditate on my life’s purpose as a Muslim. I hadn’t realized how desperately needy I was until the opportunity of time opened its arms and hugged me. It fostered personal growth and cultivated reflections of the importance of Islam in my life while re-igniting my passion for Islamic knowledge.

Born and raised as a Muslim, never knowing any other religious way of life, I had begun to take my Islam for granted, often admiring the “new Muslim zeal” that popped off the faces of reverts and how cautiously some retained this zeal as they became “seasoned” Muslims. And I recall feeling embarrassed that I (in my eyes) didn’t display the same “pop." I sought numerous ways to obtain Allah’s bounty and became more disciplined in prayer; a pivotal point in my spiritual journey. Always reflecting on Allah’s references to the virtues of praying during the night and reading Qur’an after Fajr prayer, but never putting it into consistent action. Allah says in surah Al-Isra (the migration), ayahs(verses)78-79:

“Establish regular prayers -- At the sun’s decline
    Till the darkness of the night, And the morning prayer
    And reading: for the prayer And reading in the morning
    Carry their testimony. And pray in the small watches of the morning: (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory!”
    Read the rest at the following link:
    http://www.mommytoo.com/motherhood4.htm

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    As a Christian, I can also relate to this.

I have been remiss in my morning Bible reading and prayers, but you have convicted me quite well with this post.

Thank you. I am humbly corrected.