Black People : Enlightenment is a Destructive Process

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Al D, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I came across this piece and thought some of you might find it to be a very interesting if not poignant read. I found it to be right on point. The process of growth and enlightment requires an open heart and mind. Ignorance is in the darkness as the light will enable us to see more clearly....The challenge is in the disconnect from all that we have been taught to believe. http://www.sifume.guru/Consciousness/ArticleID/69/Enlightenment-is-a-Destructive-Process

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You are welcome brother Clyde. Far too many of us are stuck on certain ideologies and his-story that has been passed down for centuries. We seldom take the time to challenge them for fear of retaliation of some sort. I believe that if one is to grow and seek enlightenment that one must be able to set those beliefs aside and entertain other possibilities. We wander or live in darkness when we adhere strictly to one set of beliefs and discount everything else. There is always plausibility in something. Just how much depends on how much we lend an ear to it and sometimes what we hear isn't exactly what we want to hear. But that is okay because that is what enlightenment often does. It lights up the dark and allows us to see something else.....

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

The article appears to be a good read (only briefly scanned earlier), so, I bookmarked it to save for a time that I could fully digest its content. Looking forward to posting back my thoughts in the very near future ... Good find and thanks again for sharing.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enlightenment for black people