Black Money Business Jobs : Employers Can Refuse To Hire A Person With Dreadlocks, Court Says

IMO, that's the only way the Black hair discrimination issues can be settled.
Once the politics about our hair reaches the Supreme Court, the country or the world can witness the discrimination.
I have no doubt that at some point it will reach that point.

So your expectation is for white people to check other white people about their expectations of people of color? And to go as far as taking money FROM white people and give it to people of color????

I won't hold my breath.....

So your expectation is for white people to check other white people about their expectations of people of color? And to go as far as taking money FROM white people and give it to people of color????

I won't hold my breath.....

No, I do not expect any taking and giving of money. This is not about money, it's about Black women losing their jobs because of our hair.

I donot expect Black women to be discriminated against because of our hair, and we do nothing.

Do you think politicizing our hair is acceptable. Should we continue to accept this practice quietly? Do nothing, say nothing.

I posted today (see above) of the Black weather reporter who was fired because of her hair. She has not been able to find other work after since being fired. She is suing.

And another Black Black officer who was told she needed to change her hair to meet Caucasian standards (see above).
It's a matter of economics when you're fired because you choose to wear your natural hair.

I'm going to start a petition, as I learn how, and the wording I will use.
I am very passionate about this issue. Could be because I've had a similar experience.
It's getting out of control.

IMO, We are in a situation NOW to do something or accept things as they are.
Do you believe we should just accept the discrimination and wear our hair as dictated by white standards?

Because of the questions you are asking, I'd like to know your thoughts on how we, Black women, should handle this issue that is affecting some economically. No job, no money.

Is being told specifically to "style your hair like a white officer' acceptable in your opinion?

It's demoralizing and humiliating.

Humiliating: lowering the pride, self-respect, or dignity of aperson; mortifying:
Such a humiliating defeat was good for hisoverblown ego.

Demoralizing: to cause to turn aside or away from what is good or true or morally right

I think thing that trying to compel white people to care about our feelings or validate our needs is useless. They never have.... They never will...

Not about feelings, validation, or needs. Who needs that from them. Validation is for the weak.
This is about Discrimination of Black hair.

Black woman told to straighten hair if she wants Harrods job, MPs told

A black woman applying for work at Harrods was told she would not get the role unless she chemically straightened her hair, a Parliamentary committee heard as MPs urged the Government to clamp down on gender discrimination in the workplace.

* Black woman told to straighten hair if she wants Harrods job, MPs told
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...d-straighten-hair-wants-harrods-job-mps-told/ - 193k - Cached - Similar pages
Jan 25, 2017 ... A black woman applying for work at Harrods was told she would not get the ... In evidence presented to the Petitions and Women and Equalities ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back