Black Money Business Jobs : Employers Can Refuse To Hire A Person With Dreadlocks, Court Says

After reading more about this case, I had to remove my last post. I agree, the law is discrimination.
Our hair is a part of us no matter the style. Because of the texture of our It will lock on its own, imo that make our hair immutable.
The company/bank I worked for was more concerned with professional work ethics, than hair. Maybe that's because I didn't work with customers. I worked in Recon.
The tellers wore natural hairstyles.
This is only one company. I'd be interested to know if other corporations adopted this policy after the ruling.

Yes, I have a "back office" career too. But, I can pick up work whenever I want. My son is still in college, but he has also worked in 3 different 5 star restaurants as a server. So, I'm kinda confused about this ruling. I had thought people had got over the dreadlock stuff, generally. Of course, you must keep them kempt, but that goes for any hairstyle.

I wonder if employers are going to all of sudden demand people to cut their locs off. Whoa!!!

I do agree with what this:

Nope. I disagree. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

AA women shouldn't have to damage their hair to fit in. We shouldn't have to burn our hair up, and we shouldn't have to put lye in our hai, our body's and bloodstream, and/or the body's of our unborn children. Nope. Not fair.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back