Black Money Business Jobs : Employers Can Refuse To Hire A Person With Dreadlocks, Court Says

Yet --remember that blue eyes and blonde hair were FIRST African characteristics. The Black African female holdsthe dominant mitochondrial gene.

blond haired African.jpg
blonde haired gurl who lives in Melanesia, pronounced [mel- uh -nee-zhuh ,-shuh ] ---a group of islands off the Pacific Ocean.

Blue Eyed Haitian.jpg
blue eyed Haitian

You're welcome. Somewhere on this board, I read that AA women should not complain about WW apropriating our hairstyles, because we apropriate theirs when we wear weaves, wigs, etc. But, I say, that is not true. During slavery and even today we are FORCED to wear our hair in styles to their liking.

https://destee.com/threads/shocking...nned-from-wearing-their-hair-in-public.84764/

'
l
Dreads, not okay, but this is?

trump-hair.jpg

You really took it there, Queenie! LOL. That's my point. (rhetorically speaking) Why single out dreads? Why does this law ignore all the stankin', greasy, matted up, wypipo hair as well? Why are we targeting dreadlocks as opposed to ALL inapropriate, unkempt hairstyles.

Last edited:
Precisely. I can understand that unkempt and dirty looking and smelly hair may not be the best look that a company would want to portray or support. But, if the issue is hair that smells offensive and is obviously dirty, then why not establish a company policy that requires EVERYONE to wear hairstyles that are clean and well kept. Hair styles in corporate settings should not present a health or safety risk to employees or customers. Don't ban locs, if a company is culturally competent, simply set a company standard instead requiring that all employee's hair, including locs, be clean and neat. Don't set a standard that gives the appearance that you prefer one culture over others in the workplace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back