Black Money Business Jobs : Employers Can Refuse To Hire A Person With Dreadlocks, Court Says

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Liberty, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    Black people continue to get cut out of the workforce for superficial reasons.

[​IMG]

Refusing to hire someone because of their dreadlocks is legal, according to a ruling from the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, reports NBC News.

The ruling came after a lawsuit was filed by Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Catastrophe Management Solutions in Mobile, Alabama.

The EEOC was working on behalf of Chastity Jones, whose job offer was rescinded by Catastrophe Management Solutions because of her dreadlocks. According to the case file, the human resources manager, Jeannie Wilson, addressed Jones’ dreadlocks in a private hiring meeting, writes the television news outlet.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3705773/employers-can-refuse-to-hire-a-person-with-dreadlocks-court-says/

Employers Can Refuse To Hire A Person With Dreadlocks, Court Says

Refusing to hire someone because of their dreadlocks is legal, according to a ruling from the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, reports NBC News. The ruling came after a lawsuit was filed by Equal
    newsone.com

2. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    This law is discriminatory. I say that they could target all people with messy hair instead of just AA people. BTW, My son and I have dreads and have had no problem getting jobs.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. freddie419

freddie419 Banned MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +497
    ALL laws IMHO are designed to keep the masses divided.

The only way to circumvent all the BS imo is to be single minded.

4. freddie419

freddie419 Banned MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +497
    Back when my Grandparents arrived in England from Jamaica in the late 40s they were met with 'NO BLACKS, DOGS OR IRISH'.

Asians were also considered Blacks back then btw.

The Asians however set about creating their own employment by setting up their own businesses supplying their own.

What we see to-day in England is the natural outcome/progression of that.

When I see an Asian youth pushing the latest Mercedes I immediately think OLD MONEY.

I'm Indo-Jamaican btw.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,994
    ...so, the war against OUR cultural ethnicity continues, smh!

Thx for sharing!

6. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    You're welcome. Somewhere on this board, I read that AA women should not complain about WW apropriating our hairstyles, because we apropriate theirs when we wear weaves, wigs, etc. But, I say, that is not true. During slavery and even today we are FORCED to wear our hair in styles to their liking.

https://destee.com/threads/shocking...nned-from-wearing-their-hair-in-public.84764/

Black Women : - Shocking History: Why Women of Color in the 1800s Were Banned From Wearing Their Hair in Public

[IMG] Woman in Tignon “Did you know that in late 18th century Louisiana, black and multiracial women were ordered to cover their hair in public?” My...
    destee.com

7. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,994
    Yet --remember that blue eyes and blonde hair were FIRST African characteristics. The Black African female holdsthe dominant mitochondrial gene.

blond haired African.jpg
    blonde haired gurl who lives in Melanesia, pronounced [mel- uh -nee-zhuh ,-shuh ] ---a group of islands off the Pacific Ocean.

Blue Eyed Haitian.jpg
    blue eyed Haitian

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    Dreads, not okay, but this is?

[​IMG]

9. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    '
    l

You really took it there, Queenie! LOL. That's my point. (rhetorically speaking) Why single out dreads? Why does this law ignore all the stankin', greasy, matted up, wypipo hair as well? Why are we targeting dreadlocks as opposed to ALL inapropriate, unkempt hairstyles.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    Precisely. I can understand that unkempt and dirty looking and smelly hair may not be the best look that a company would want to portray or support. But, if the issue is hair that smells offensive and is obviously dirty, then why not establish a company policy that requires EVERYONE to wear hairstyles that are clean and well kept. Hair styles in corporate settings should not present a health or safety risk to employees or customers. Don't ban locs, if a company is culturally competent, simply set a company standard instead requiring that all employee's hair, including locs, be clean and neat. Don't set a standard that gives the appearance that you prefer one culture over others in the workplace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List