Black Entertainment : EMPIRE

Ratings: Empire Ties HTGAWM as Season's No. 1 Debut, Builds on Idol

733134a60c394c88a4db8f29572034d9

Fox is singing a hip-hoppy tune this morning, given that its freshman drama Empire premiered on Wednesday night to 9.9 million total viewers and a 3.8 demo rating (per finals).

There have been other shows that came out hot, then died off. Word of mouth will help it grow

'Empire': How Lee Daniels Made TV's "Black 'Dynasty' "

Read more Lee Daniels on Fox's 'Empire': 'I Wanted to Make a Black 'Dynasty'' (Q&A)

Casting became key, and Daniels initially had his heart set on Wesley Snipes and Taraji P. Henson. Snipes' reps couldn't come to a deal, and Henson, 44, was eager to reteam with her Hustle & Flow co-star Terrence Howard, 45, who already had been talking to Daniels about a potential film project. Still, Daniels made the Oscar-nominated actors test for the parts. As the project, which Daniels has taken to calling "Black Dynasty," moved through the development process, it became a favorite of then-20th TV chairman Gary Newman, earning it the informal title of "Gary Newman's Empire," according to his partner, Dana Walden.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/empire-lee-daniels-made-tvs-black-dynasty-170027542.html

.o0( Wait! Didn't Snipes just get out of jail?!!? )

He cant afford to turn down anything. :lol:

There have been other shows that came out hot, then died off. Word of mouth will help it grow

Then, this should give it a big lift off :confused: :

Taraji P. Henson: Why ‘Empire’ Is Not A ‘Black Show’

Even though it’s a predominantly black cast, I’m hearing people say it’s not [restrictive],” Henson said with satisfaction. “It’s issues, it’s subject matter [are ones] that everybody, every race, can identify with, and that’s my dream. Because when you put labels on things, it makes others go, ‘Oh, that’s not for us.’ Pain or love or hurt — none of that has color. We all hurt the same…and so, I’m hoping people will just not see this as ‘that black show’ and will just see a family trying to make it in this world.”

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/taraji-p-henson-why-empire-not-black-show-163135998.html

fm2_7969_original-2.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back