Black Relationships : Emotional rollercoaster

MissLady

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 30, 2003
Hello I'm new here just wanted to talk about a lil bit of my relationship with my man that is just tearing me down. We've been together for almost five years he's a young black man. We've been going through so much. We live together it's like every day we argue, every day he leaves me and my daughter to go hang with his boys all day and don't come back home til like 2:00 o'clock in the morning wakes me up telling me he's gonna change I have to believe him. Then we start arguing again Because I told him He's not ready to be a dad , he's not ready for a relationship. To let you know our daughter is 19 months. He gets real mad when I say that. I told him why don't we just get a lil bit of space from each other even though we've had alot cause he's never home. He doesn't want to he wants to stay with me he doesn't want me around nobody else cause he thinks he's gonna lose me. What I think it is, I think he's confused. He wants me and wants to be in the streets. But he just has to understand he can't have both. My emotions for him just goes up and down. It drives a young woman crazy.

And you don't need that

Neither does your child. I know it is easier said than done, but Sister, you are going to simply have to put your foot down on this one. Lil' daddy is obviously not fully grown up (what is his age, by the way? Let him know that it is o.k. to have fun with the friends and everything, but now that you are a parent, you have to play that role as well, AT LEAST EQUALLY. Strike some sort of balance, but don't be shortchanging ya Fam for ya friends. Friends come & go. Fam will always be a part of your life, and that time cannot be gotten back. Good luck, blessings, peace of mind to ya, Sis.

Nia

i so much agree here , you really don't need this type of drama
and not around your child you have to step up and let him know where your heart is and the way it is if he not ready to accept it then even if it's hard move on !
being out with the guys is cool but know theirs a child there needing him and a woman there loving him all the arguing over this child is not good so break it down and see where his heart really is from there you will know which way to go but i do wish you both happiness and good luck with this up & down emotional feelings ......you are worthy of better follow ya heart and seek happiness.