Black People : Eminem's latest

aretha

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 6, 2003
United Snakes
Most of you have read the lyrics he wrote at 21 about black women and his prediction that he would enrich himself off of cultural banditry simply because of his "blue eyes." Russell Simmons wrote an apology almost before the lyrics were made public. The Source people who published the lyrics are said to be suspect because this is part of a longstanding beef. Could this be worse than Snoop Dogg and his Sistas on dog leashes? If ya don't know, the full story is at www.daveyd.com, including an editorial he wrote about it. Should he be taken to task, ignored, or continue to pimp "hardcore" rappers like 50 cent? I read where the "N" word was even played on the Victoria's Secret fashion show in the lyrics of a rap song on regular ol' t.v. How much more long, how long?

I know that some black people feel anger towards Eminem or that he cheated them because they have bought his music only to find out that he habors resentment towards blacks (particularly black women). Personally I feel neither, because I have never supported Eminem or his music. I have never supported Eminem nor any white rapper before him (Vanilla Ice, Third Base, Beastie Boys, etc.), because I view them with suspicion: Throughout the 20th century whites have repeatedly entered black music forms (usually with the help of a naive-money hungry Negro) and took over.

We have seen this with Jazz, with Rock & Roll, with Disco, and now with Hip Hop. It is difficult to even find a modern Black Jazz or Rock & Roll group. Not only that but one of the main reasons Hip Hop was founded was to create an alternative to Disco, which was being invaded by white artist. White artist are usually less talented than Black artist, but achieve fame and credibility by copying us. They rarely give credit to the original artist, and are often found to harbor resentment towards their Black founders. This was my suspicion about Eminem, and he confirmed them with this "missing" song.

I made comparisons of Eminem to Elvis when I first heard his music. It's ironic that he compares himself to the "King". Eminem knows the formula to success in music: Get a foolish black artist to sponsor you, copy his style, start with a black fan base, then switch to a white one, sit back a make more money than a black artist could ever dream of. I give one thing to Eminem he knows his history, unfortunately too many of us don't. Which is why we keep holding the door for these people to come into our house and take over.

The only thing that has disturbed me with this episode is the number of black folk that are calling into radio shows still supporting this man's music. Many point out that black male rappers have disrespected black women also. Disrespect towards blacks period should never be tolerated. However a white man disrespecting sistas needs to be strung up, especially when he eats off of our invention. In reality Eminem won't be hurt by this incident because his current fan base is mostly white. I would just encourage black people to not support his music

IT'S ALL ABOUT SUBMITTING TO the TRUTH

I have supported BEASTIE BOYS,3rd Bass{& Everlast,even though I've never bought any of his material, I still respect him as an artist for releasing a song called "Black Jesus"} for being creative & respecting OUR MUSIC by DISPLAYING that respect to the WORLD. The Beastie boys have an album called ILL COMMUNICATIONS{with a song w/Q-tip called "Get it Together" on it }INSIDE the cover, they have ARTWORK on the ORIGINS of HUMANITY: US, BLACKMAN,BLACKWOMAN & BLACK CHILD.....THAT CAN NEVER BE UNDONE,because it's already HISTORICAL{the album's release was in 1994}.3rd Bass's{mainly MC Serch} GAS FACE let it be known that " it was NIGHT waaaaay before the LIGHT"....& he's Jewish saying this,but TRUTH is TRUTH. Have you ever LISTENED to HIS verse in the GASFACE? Nothing but the TRUTH....TO THE WORLD. Eminem on the otherhand,I DON'T TRUST'UM,because I feel he has an ELVIS agenda that he's gonna pull on us whenever he 's ready....question is, how are WE going to COUNTERATTACK this?

PLEASE!

Be Mad with Eminem, who will get a great Whitey Boost from this, when BLACK MALES have gotten rich on doing the very same thing---HOW DID HE KNOW THAT THIS IS AND WAS ACCEPTABLE IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY?

From US

They study what we do, hang around us to learn how to do, and then they resale it to us--- Where did he learn that?

DR. DRE', SNOOP DOGGY DOG, AND ALL THE REST OF THE
BLACK USERS AND ABUSERS....

Power to the People!

Em- is showing you people, just like J-lo showed you people; they not you-- You just made them rich and accepted--FOOLS

We love entertainment...period. We love to entertain and be entertained. We are the most forgiving people. We stare in amazement and 'respect' at every white boy that wants to be like us or any woman with T&A and long straight hair shaking her rear end for all she's worth to music with a beat...and she doesn't even have to have much rhythm to be admired either. We've been down this road time and time again throughout our history in America and we still haven't figured it out. They're gonna take what we do for fun and attach dollar signs to it every time. They are not modest, ashamed of plagarizing our inventions or downright stealing our work from us. Well I guess it's only stealing if they take from you without your permission. In many instances we just hand our ideas over to them like little children saying, see daddy, see what I can do? If they see you do something, they don't have to think they can do it better, they just say, hey, I see where I can make some money and use us to do just that, leaving us standing and looking (and feeling) dumb with our mouths hanging open. :eek: ... then you wanna get upset when they sell your ideas :flame: and then treat you like they don't know you or could care less about you. Yes, so upset that you need to go spend some more money...usually to purchase their latest CD to hear what all the controversy is about. Isn't it interesting that the KKK has also evolved over time? They no longer have to spend $$ on white sheets and waste time cutting holes in it. Why waste time burning crosses to send a hate message? They're bold enough to stand nose-to-nose with you these days and make money doing it! Is this sick or what?

Who was it that said that "chickens always come home to roost"?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back